* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Help New Grass Grow Faster!
Why Lesco Seed Starter?
When you plant new grass seed, you want a lush green lawn, as soon as possible. That's where Lesco Seed Starter comes in.
Formulated with a unique blend of cellulose and corn fiber, Lesco Seed Starter helps you get the lawn of your dreams growing, faster. It holds new grass seed in place for more successful germination and establishment, and it keeps soil moist while preventing weeds.
It's an ideal alternative to wheat straw for topdressing seed beds, and it's perfect for patching. It can be used in all types of seeding applications - hydraulic, drop and by hand. Plus, this biodegradable product holds up to 40% more water than other pellet mulches.
- Improves seed to soil contact
- Keeps soil moist, longer
- Prevents weeds and runoff
- Low dust and biodegradable
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
When it comes to your lawn, you want products you can trust. At FastGrowingTrees.com, we hand-pick the best-quality options for you, from grass seed to starter, fertilizer and more.
The only thing you have to do? Plant your grass seed, and watch it grow! Don't wait - get your Lesco Seed Starter today!
Planting & Care
1. Preparation: Seed Started can be applied by hand, or using a hydraulic or drop spreader. Before applying, make sure your soil is tilled and loose, for best germination.
2. Seeding and fertilizing: Spread your grass seed, following the package instructions for best results (typically, 5-10 lbs. per 1000 square feet). We recommend Lesco grass seeds. Follow your seeding application with a starter fertilizer, following package instructions.
3. Starter application: Apply Lesco Seed Starter, using 50-75 lbs. for every 1000 square feet. Try to space the granules about 1/2 in. apart.
4. Water: Water lightly, allowing seed starter to fully absorb the water while also watering in the seed. Keep the area lightly irrigated daily, keeping seed consistently moist. Once your grass seeds start to germinate, you can reduce watering to every other day until fully germinated.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Coverage Area:||800 sq. feet|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|