* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Enjoy a Lifetime of Limes
Why Key Lime Bushes?
Now you can have the fresh, sweet scent of the Florida Keys right in your own garden with our Key Lime Bush. Packed with delicious, deep green fruit, this high-quality bush will yield baskets of incredible limes either in your garden, potted on your deck or patio or even in your favorite room inside your home.
All it takes is a sunny spot in just about any location and you'll enjoy the unmatched flavor that only the Key Lime can deliver. Set it in your favorite room and you'll have authentic Key Limes within arm's reach and a short walk to the kitchen where you can bake unforgettable, homemade Key Lime Pies.
Especially since its small size makes it portable and versatile enough to plant and grow fruit just about anywhere. Plus, it's naturally resistant to pests and diseases, so you can grow your Key Limes organically. It adapts to most soils, too, so it's trouble-free.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Not only can you grow organic Key Limes effortlessly, and get fruit quickly, but you also get the promise of success. Because we've planted, grown, and nurtured our Key Lime Bushes for best results, long before they ship to your door, you get a well-rooted, healthy plant. You get a hardy, strong bush that's ready to acclimate to your homescape. And you won't get that same experience at other nurseries or your local big box store.
So, don't wait - these benefits and more are all just a click away. Get your own Key Lime Bush today!
Key Lime Bush Pollination
Key Lime Bushs are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Key Lime Bush will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a spot where your bush is going to get plenty of sunlight...6 to 8 hours per day is best. They can tolerate some shade in hotter zones but thrive in full sun. Potted plants do enjoy a daily misting for humidity but placing a tray with rocks filled with water under the plant will feed humidity to the bush as the water evaporates.
Choose a pot slightly larger than what it was shipped in that has plenty of holes in the bottom to allow for drainage. Be sure to plant in well-draining potting soil recommended for acid-loving citrus plants.
Place your bush in an area of your home, preferably a south-facing window, where it is going to get plenty of sunlight. You may also need to create humidity for your bush by placing the pot on a saucer of pebbles or misting the leaves daily with water.
2. Watering: Be sure to give your bush a deep watering so that it can penetrate into the root system (usually once weekly). After watering, allow the top 2 to 3 inches of the soil to dry out completely before watering again.
For potted Key Limes, stick your index finger into the soil down to about 2 inches. If there is moisture present, hold off on watering until it feels drier at that depth. When you do water, stop once you see it escaping the drainage holes at the base of the pot.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Key Lime Bush during the warmer spring and summer seasons with a citrus-specific fertilizer once every six weeks, such as the one included in our Citrus Care Kit. During the fall and winter season, ease back to fertilizing once every 2 to 3 months. Make sure to follow the application instructions written on the fertilizer bag.
4. Pruning: After the bush fruits, remove any dead wood and ventilate the center of the bush. Remove suckers as they form/grow from the base as they will steal away nutrients from the primary trunk of the bush. Pruning can be done at any time of the year for the potted Key Lime.
5. Pollination: This bush is self-fertile and will produce fruit on its own, but if you want to increase your crop size, hand pollinate. Simply take a small, dry, fine-tipped paintbrush and stick it into the center of each bloom. Swirl it around and collect the pollen on the brush. Go to the next bloom and repeat the process until every bloom has been treated. Do this once daily and don’t wash the paintbrush until the end of the process.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||8 ft. pruned|
|Mature Width:||6-8 ft.|
|Harvest Time:||August and December|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Citrus aurantifolia|
|Does Not Ship To:||AL,AR,AZ,CA,CO,CT,DC,DE,GA,IA,ID,IL,IN,KS,KY,LA,MA,MD,ME,MI,MN,MO,MS,MT,NC,ND,NE,NH,NJ,NM,NV,NY,OH,OK,OR,PA,RI,SC,SD,TN,TX,UT,VA,VT,WA,WI,WV,WY|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Customer care
- fruit buds
Looks good so far!
Key lime bush
Had it a week and has lots of new growth.
Excellent Quality Key Lime Bush
Arrived very healthy! Customer care is excellent. I highly recommend.
Key lime gift
This item was a gift and the recipient was very pleased with it and said it arrived looking healthy.
Love my Florida Key Lime
The tree arrived in great shape, bright green and healthy. I planted it according to instructions. It’s been about two weeks since planting and the tree is full of new leaf growth. At this pace we will have fruit within a year. I am very pleased with my purchase.