Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉) 4-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 4-6 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 4-6 ft.
- Part Shade/Part Sun (Zones 6-9) Full Sun (Zones 4-6)
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Hydrangea macrophylla 'Balimer'
- Does Not Ship To:
Blooms Each Year, Reliably
Why Endless Summer® Hydrangeas?
You'll have the look of summer, long after the season is over. Blooming early in the summer season, the incredibly beautiful, frost-proof Endless Summer® Hydrangea will give the warmth of summer to your garden with lovely blooms up until Thanksgiving.
Compare that to other typical varieties that only bloom for a few weeks before withering for the year. And the colorful blooms of the Endless Summer are gigantic, offering a parade of flowers that thrive whether they're planted in shade or full sun. Hydrangeas make great hedges, too, so you can line a fence or walkway with them.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
For starters, you get versatility. You can change the color of the flowers you produce simply by adjusting the pH in your soil. For blue, adjust the soil to a higher acidity. And if hot pink is your preference, just go to more alkaline soil.
But the best part? We've planted, grown and meticulously monitored this variety for best results at our nursery...now, you reap the rewards of our hard work with a healthier root system, more developed growth, and bigger blooms. You won't get the same experience from your local nursery or big box.
So if you can't get enough of your favorite season, the Endless Summer® Hydrangea is definitely for you. Order yours today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
The process was easy. The plants looked good when they arrived and were packed well. This is a good thing because FedEx didn’t read the boxes and delivered them upright on one end putting one plant upside down.
Plant arrived healthy and hoping for years of beautiful flowers as it grows.
too soon to tell
My Endless Summer hydrangea shrubs are doing very well. Because they are young, I don't expect blooms this season, so I patiently look forward to next season.
I have ordered two things from this company and both are absolutely gorgeous! I cannot go on enough about how healthy and lovely these items came and they have blossomed.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location with morning sun and afternoon shade. If you live in zones 6 or lower, the more sun the better. Avoid planting your hydrangeas in a heavily shaded spot. Give your Hydrangeas plenty of room to grow.
Soil content is also important for Hydrangeas because it should drain well yet also maintain sufficient moisture. Also, the acidity levels of the soil will have a direct impact on the color of your flowers. For deep blue flowers, keep pH below 5.5. For pink or red flowers neutralize soil to pH 7.0 or higher.
When you're ready to plant, dig the planting hole 2 feet wider than the root ball and to a depth of the tip of the root ball. Set the Hydrangea in the hole, making sure it is not planted too deeply. Finally, water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Give your Hydrangea an inch of water each week. This includes any rainfall. If you're not sure when and how much to water, simply check the surrounding soil about 2 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it's time to water until it's moist.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your Hydrangeas once in the summer prior to August. Apply a good time-release fertilizer at this time, only one time during the year. Discontinue fertilizing if the plant appears wilted or unhealthy.
4. Pruning: Prune in the spring to remove dead tips from winter. Our Endless Summer Hydrangeas bloom on new wood, so you can also prune back in the fall or early spring for shaping without worry - it'll grow and bloom again!
FGT Tip: Add lime to raise soil pH if you want to grow pink flowers. If you want blue flowers, add sulfur to lower the soil's pH.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|