* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||10 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus persica 'Early Elberta'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, AR, ID, LA, WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Delicious, California-Grown Peaches in the First Season
Why Elberta Peach Trees?
Elberta Peaches are the world's most famous peaches because of their abundance of taste, attractive color, and disease resistance. These trees give you very large peaches that are great for canning, snacking, and baking. And now, they're tailored specifically for easy California growth.
Plus, Elberta Peach Trees are the most disease-resistant peach trees available. And these trees are even insect resistant, meaning you can grow your peaches without the need for harsh chemicals or sprays.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Because we’ve nurtured your tree for Golden State growth, continually pruning back to encourage more branches, you'll see dramatic growth. The additional limbs produce significantly more fruit and produce it much more quickly.
Since we’ve done the work ahead of time, you'll be able to start picking peaches after the first season, or as soon as the first year under optimal conditions. We even give them one last pruning before shipping, at no additional cost to you. This process will ensure that your tree remains dwarf-sized, and the fruit is easy to harvest!
Our Elberta Peach Trees grow rapidly and mature quickly. And the faster they grow, the sooner they reward you with delicious fruit. Order your very own Elberta for California today!
Elberta Peach Tree Pollination
Elberta Peach Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Elberta Peach Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Elberta Peach Tree in well-drained soil in a location where it will receive full sun (at least 6 to 8 hours of sunlight a day). Protect your Elberta from heavy winds by planting on the sunniest side of a building or your home. When you're ready to plant, dig a hole twice as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Then, place your Elberta and cover the roots with soil, watering occasionally as you go along to remove any air pockets. Finally, gently pat the soil down until the roots are completely covered.
2. Watering: Keep the soil around your Elberta Peach Tree moist. Generally, watering once a week by leaving a hose at the base of the tree for a couple of hours is sufficient. Once the soil around the tree has dried, water the tree again. During times of extreme heat, your tree may need additional water.
Tip: Yellowing of the leaves is a sign of overwatering while leaves that are dry and brown can be a sign of underwatering.
3. Fertilization: After your tree has been in the ground for 6 weeks, apply 1 lb. of a balanced fertilizer formula such as 12-12-12. In addition, apply ¾ lb. of fertilizer in the spring before the tree pushes out new growth. Repeat this process in the summer and fall as well.
4. Pruning: Your Elberta Peach Tree will need to be pruned for the first two years in order to maintain an open center shape and encourage fruit production. Prune your tree in late winter or early spring using pruning shears, making your cuts at a 45-degree angle. Trim away any broken/dead branches and any that are crisscrossing by making your cut right below the dead wood.
Tip: Once your tree begins to fruit, thin your peaches out to allow space to grow and mature properly. Thinning out your peaches will help to increase your overall production. Peaches on the top and outside of the tree will likely be ready to pick first. They will be fully ripe when there is no green left on the skin and they come off with a slight twist.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- desert weather