* Images shown are of mature plants
Perfect for Urban Settings
Here's why you should get to know Cherry Laurel:
- Beautiful, resilient tree grows well in urban settings
- Versatile and compact enough to use as a hedge or shrub
- Incredible white blooms resemble cherry flowers
- Sweet fragrance
The Cherry Tree that's also a Cherry Shrub
The versatility of the Cherry Laurel makes it a favorite among discriminating landscapers. The Cherry-or English Laurel as it's also known-can be pruned to form an ornamental hedge that will provide a showy screen for all to admire from either side. For those who love the look of a cherry without the edible fruit, the Laurel is a sweet alternative to common hedges.
Put a little English on it
Imagine lining your landscape's boundaries dressed with a hedge that's easy to care for as well as beautiful. That's what you get with the English Laurel. The rich, waxy green foliage is only outdone by the white, fragrant racemes that bloom in the spring. The soft, showy clusters of flowers give way to red berries to add the perfect accent.
Although the Cherry Laurel possesses a gentle beauty for a hedge, its ability to withstand the most challenging environments makes it a favorite among landscapers and home gardeners. Whether you plant it as a tree or incorporate it as a designer shrub, don't hedge!
Get your Cherry Laurel today.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, select a location with well-drained soil and full sun to partial shade – any area with about 4 to 6 hours of sunlight should suffice. When you’re ready to plant, dig a hole that’s about three times the width of your plant’s root ball, and place your plant.
2. Watering: Once established, your Cherry Laurel is relatively drought-tolerant, but it’s important to have a regular watering schedule for the first few growing seasons. Water about once weekly or check the surrounding soil about 2 or 3 inches down.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||30 ft.|
|Mature Width:||15 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus caroliniana Centre Court|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-10 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|