Growing Zones: 7-10 outdoors(hardy down to 10℉) 7-10 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 10-30 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 15-30 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Year to Bear:
- Can Fruit the 1st year!
- Botanical Name:
- Dorstenia ficus 'Black Mission'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, GA
Sweet Harvests, Made for California
Why Black Mission Fig Trees?
The most popular variety planted in California, the Black Mission Fig Tree is a versatile plant and producer of sweet-tasting, incredibly textured fruit. And because these Black Mission Trees are grown locally in California, they’re going to perform well in your landscape.
So, it’s even easier to grow. Unlike other fruit trees that require lots of pruning, fertilizing and waiting, the Black Mission Fig thrives without much fuss. Plus, it’s adaptable to your needs – you can pot and prune the plant to keep it small, or you can plant it in your yard and watch it expand.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
For starters, you can use this tree’s fruit fresh, dry or canned. And its strawberry-hued flesh imparts rich flavor that’s second to none. Best of all, it’s heavy-bearing, long-lived and acclimates to both coastal and inland areas, as a large yard variety or wonderful container plant. But the top benefit is that, because it's grown in California, it performs well for your California home.
Figs are loaded with healthy fiber, look good and are easy-to-grow, so they tick all the boxes of landscape excellence. If you live in California, this Black Mission Fig Tree is a must-have – order yours today!
Black Mission Fig Pollination
Black Mission Figs are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Black Mission Fig will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Can't Wait
My Black Mission Fig tree started growing immediately! It is very happy in a large pot in the morning sun. Very happy.
Good experience.. immediately started growing after I planted it ..
Got my fig trees planted and looking good. Can’t Wait till they start to bear fruit.
I was so pleased at how everything went so smoothly. I will forever order my trees from here. Thank you
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your Black Mission Fig tree in a hole twice as wide and nearly as deep as the root's ball. You'll need to place it in a sunny spot in your yard that is protected from winter winds. You can also plant your Black Mission Fig in a container and bring it inside when it gets cold. When you're done planting, add 2" of compost mulch extending out 4" from the base of the tree. Water immediately after planting, and you're good to go!
2. Watering: You'll need to frequently water your Black Mission Fig until it is established. Pull back the mulch and feel the soil. If it is dry, you should water the tree. Once your tree is established, you can water every week or every 2 weeks in milder weather.
3. Fertilization: There's no need to fertilize your fig tree if you plant it in your garden. Instead, renew the compost mulch every month between spring and fall.
4. Pruning: Prune back any dead or diseased branches after the second harvest in summer or fall. To maintain the size of your tree in your yard or pot, prune to the desired size for the first 3 years. Established trees should not require much pruning, however.
5. Harvesting: Use gloves when harvesting your figs. Your Black Mission figs need to ripen on the tree. They will be ready to eat when they are easily plucked from the tree.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|