|Mature Height:||20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||12 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Olea europaea 'Arbequina'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉)
Tasty Olives Plus Fast Growth
Why Arbequina Olive Trees?
The promise of fresh, healthy olives with the authentic taste of Spain. Arbequinas are popular because of their flavor, but they also have a high concentration of healthy, antioxidant-rich oils. You can get up to 20 pounds of olives each year to enjoy in your salads and add to your favorite recipes.
Plus, they grow nearly anywhere. They're seldom bothered by pests and will grow organically, no matter where you live. Even better? Arbequinas grow indoors year-round. These trees are semi-deciduous, meaning they only drop their leaves in extreme cold and tolerate 20-degree weather. Grown indoors, they'll keep their leaves throughout the winter.
You can plant them outdoors in areas with temperatures as low as 10 degrees if they're blocked from northern winds. If you're up North, place them in a container and bring them indoors during the harshest weeks of winter, moving them outdoors again during the summer months.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is BetterFor starters, Arbequinas are self-pollinating, so you only need one to produce fruit, though extra trees mean an even bigger bounty. And best of all, our trees are started from branch cuttings instead of seeds, so you'll have olives several years sooner. Your tree is grown and shipped in its own container with all of its roots intact, so your tree is ready to grow quickly and fruit. We’ve done the extra work so that you can enjoy a healthful, productive tree even sooner.
Order your own Arbequina while they're still available!
Arbequina Olive Tree Pollination
Arbequina Olive Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Arbequina Olive Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
The size of the tree means it is suitable for dense planting. The Arbequina Olive Tree is also very popular with consumers given its unique flavor, which is quite peppery as well as the health benefits associated with it. Many people like to use olive oil in cooking. The Arbequina Olives change color during the ripening process, going from a light green to pink before finally becoming a brown to purple shade.
1. Planting: You should plant your Arbequina Olives in a small container. Once it has reached a few feet tall, you can move it to a permanent place to grow. Do this by digging a hole twice as wide as the root ball. Place the Olive Tree inside and cover with soil.
2. Watering: Allow Olive trees to dry out a bit in between waterings, never allowing the soil to become saturated. When the soil is dry down to about the first two inches, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Use a high nitrogen fertilizer, something like a 17-6-10 timed-release formula would be perfect. And if your Arbequina Olives shows signs of weeds, simply remove the weeds and as much of the weed root system as possible.
4. Pruning: Thin out young plants to 3 to 4 main branches. After blooming in spring, clip the tips of the branches. Make the cut just above the point where a pair of leaves attaches to the stem. Leave each branch at least 6 inches long, but how much longer is up to you and what will look good on your balcony or patio.
5. Pollination: Arbequina Olives are wind pollinated, and generally self-fertile. However, you will get better fruit production if you have more than one tree. Be sure to either choose two of the same variety, or if you are picking different varieties, two or more trees that bloom at the same time.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- olive tree
Thank you for the quick shipping and excellent packaging. I’m loving my olive tree. I’m hoping the olive tree I already had will start producing with a little help from a friend!
I have had the tree for several months now; I noticed new growth about a month ago. This olive tree is hardy because I live in an area where the summer temperatures sometimes hit 130F, and gale 50mph forced winds in the fall and winter, and not one leaf was torn apart. I would recommend this tree if you live in the desert and do not have a green thumb.
The tree arrived in good condition and within a couple of weeks. I started to notice new growth on my olive tree. My only wish is that FastGrowingTrees should take more care in shipping the dragon fruit cactus.
Came right -away well packed-love it
Love my new olive tree! It is beautiful and exactly as described!