* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Quick-Growing and Durable Lilac with an Explosion of Purple
The Yankee Point California Lilac is a fast-growing, durable and drought-tolerant variety you’ll love! The soft purple blooms cover this shrub during spring and early summer for seasons of color.
These showy, long-blooming, purple-blue flowers have a pleasant aroma. Add both beautiful color and scent to your yard with this shining shrub!
It’s great for using as a groundcover, along borders, and especially in butterfly gardens because it attracts pollinators, creating a lively space for butterflies, bees, and birds!
Plus, the Yankee Point California Lilac has a mounding, spreading habit, perfect for mixed borders. Transform your yard with this gorgeous plant that grows quickly and outwardly!
What's more is that its glossy, dark green, evergreen foliage contrasts perfectly with the colorful flowers. And this lilac's low water needs make for easy care! So, you can enjoy stunning color and pleasant aroma, all without much maintenance or watering!
Buy your very own Yankee Point California Lilac today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: These plants can tolerate full sun to partial shade. In warmer climates, they prefer to be planted in afternoon shade to help protect them from the hot sun. Ensure your lilac is planted in an area with well-drained soil and at least 4 hours of sunlight daily.
After choosing your area, dig a hole that is twice as wide and just as deep as the container that the plant arrives in. Place your shrub in the hole so that the top of the soil is even with the surrounding soil level. Backfill and tamp the soil well when done to eliminate air pockets. Water well when done and cover the area with mulch to protect the roots and help them conserve moisture.
2. Watering: Lilacs like moist but not wet soil, so they will need to be watered regularly while establishing. They’ll need water once or twice a week (sometimes more in extreme heat). Allow the soil to dry 1 to 2 inches down before watering again.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize lilacs in early spring before bloom with a well-balanced fertilizer to encourage growth and blooms. A 10-10-10 or all-purpose shrub fertilizer will be adequate.
4. Pruning: Lilacs don't need much pruning except to remove damaged or crossing branches. Remove faded or spent flowers immediately to increase the number of flowers the following season.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||2-3 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-10 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Ceanothus griseus var. horizontalis 'Yankee Point'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||8-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|