Growing Zones: 2-7 outdoors(hardy down to -40℉) 2-7 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 4-8 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 3-5 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- June - August
- Year to Bear:
- Can Fruit the 1st Year!
- Botanical Name:
- Vaccinium corymbosum 'Toro'
- Does Not Ship To:
Cold-Hardy, Organic Growth, and Heavy Production
Why USDA Organic Toro Blueberry Bushes?
Known for its heavy production and all-natural, cold-hardy growth, the USDA Organic Toro Blueberry Bush provides bushels of berries each year, even in cold climates.
In fact, it’s cold hardy down to a whopping -40 degrees. That means you’ll get Toro Blueberries, known for being much larger and juicier than typical store-bought berries, almost anywhere in the country. Plus, because this Toro is organically-grown, you won’t have to use pesticides to get healthy berries. A little sun and water are all you need for the Toro to thrive, especially since it's self-fertile (though more bushes mean more production).
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But what sets your Toro Blueberry apart? We’ve nurtured and greenhouse-grown your organic Toro Blueberry so that you get all-natural results, guaranteed USDA-certified organic. Now, you’ll get sweet, succulent berries without all the work…because we’ve done the hard work before your Toro arrives at your door. No supermarket visits or trips to your local nursery are necessary when you’ve got delicious berries to harvest from home.
Sweet taste, healthful antioxidants and strong growth and production, all without harsh chemicals – you won’t find this Toro at your local big-box store. Get your all-natural Toro Blueberry today!
Toro Blueberry Bush - USDA Organic Pollination
Toro Blueberry Bush - USDA Organics are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Toro Blueberry Bush - USDA Organic will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Healthy plant transplanted well
It has been about a month since I transplanted the blueberry plants and they appear to be thriving in the soil I prepared. I am looking forward to berries in a couple years.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose an area with well-drained soil and full sun (6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). Then, dig a hole that’s about twice the size of the root ball of the bush, place the Blueberry Bush in the hole, backfill, and water to settle the roots.
If you’re planting in a container, select a pot that’s about twice the width of your plant’s shipped container, and make sure it has drainage holes.
Use organic planting mix, place your plant, backfill the soil and water until you see it flowing from the drainage holes. Finally, place your pot in front of a sunny window or in a sunny area on your porch.
2. Watering: Water your plant about once or twice weekly to keep the soil moist. If you’re not sure when to water, check the soil about 2 or 3 inches down – if it’s dry, water your plant.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize the Blueberry Bush twice a year, once in the spring and once after you harvest, with an organic fertilizer blend.
4. Pruning: Thin out the lower limbs of your bush to keep the fruit from touching the soil. You can also thin out excessively vigorous upright shoots several feet from the ground to keep the center of the bush open and to keep the fruit-bearing surface within reach. Spindly, weak, or dead branches should be thinned out annually during the dormant season.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|