Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-8 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 8-10 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 6-8 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Year to Bear:
- Can Fruit the 1st year!
- Botanical Name:
- Corylus avellana 'Theta'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, CA, WA
Conveniently-Sized Hazelnut Can Produce in 1 Year
Why Theta Filbert Hazelnut Trees?
It's a classic tree, now grown for optimal benefits. Not only can it produce fruit in its first season, under optimal conditions, but it's also carefree. What else makes the Theta Filbert a must-have?
- It's a beautiful tree with large, thick green leaves.
- It's resistant to pests and diseases, including Eastern Filbert Blight and tolerant of heat and humidity.
- And it's conveniently-sized, topping out at 8 to 10 feet in height.
Experts at Oregon State University set out to engineer the perfect Hazelnut Tree, and the result was the Theta Filbert. Aside from the numerous qualities of the tree itself, the hazelnuts are some of the best we've seen. Gorgeous, glistening, copper-colored hazelnuts abound. Created to produce high yields, the Theta's nuts fill their husks in great numbers. What's more, the Theta's flowers will pollinate and help increase production in your Jefferson Filbert Trees as well.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
As September rolls in, you'll be ready to harvest rich, buttery and flavorful hazelnuts from your own backyard. Your family will enjoy them fresh off the tree or used to create a diversity of culinary treats for many seasons to come. That's because we've planted, grown and nurtured your Theta Hazelnut for best results, and you reap the rewards, effortlessly. We've put in the hard work at our nursery so you don't have to. That means your Hazelnut Tree arrives with a healthy, better-developed root system.
With all these incredible benefits, ordering the Theta Filbert hazelnut Tree is a must. Get yours today!
Theta Filbert Hazelnut Pollination
Theta Filbert Hazelnuts are not self-fertile. You will need to plant another variety to achieve fruiting. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Customer Reviews & Photos
- trees buds
- Choke cherries
Tree's were in great shape. bigger than excepted very happy with tree's
The tree was shipped very fast and is a very good healthy tree.
The delivery was fast, the packaging was excellent and the quality of the tress was good… loaded with buds. Also liked their website because it was good at explaining the differences of the varietys i purchansed. Very happy.
Purchased a Theta, Jefferson and a York to complement my existing Americans. Plants arrived promptly, packaged properly, and in excellent condition. Can't wait to see them flourish! Can't wait for the Tonda di Giffoni to become available as well. I highly recommend FGT!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: These trees can tolerate partial shade but prefer around 6 hours of sunlight daily. Avoid planting your tree in areas of your yard that are prone to flooding...well-drained soil is best.
Dig a hole that’s just as deep as the root ball, and three times as wide. Make sure that your tree is straight and that the root collar is level with the surrounding ground. Backfill your hole and gently tamp the soil down as you go to eliminate air pockets. Finally, water and then mulch the area to deter competing growth and to preserve soil moisture.
2. Watering: Feel your soil every few days. Once it feels like it’s close to drying out about 3 inches down, give your tree a slow drink of water by holding a hose to its base and counting to 30 seconds.
3. Fertilizing: We suggest waiting two to three years before fertilizing. To give your tree a boost, feed with well-balanced organic fertilizer, like formula 10-10-10, in the late winter or early spring.
4. Pruning: The best time to prune is in the late winter or early spring when your tree is still dormant. Be sure to remove any dead or broken branches, as well as crisscrossing or rubbing branches.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|