* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Conveniently-Sized Hazelnut Can Produce in 1 Year
Why Theta Filbert Hazelnut Trees?
It's a classic tree, now grown for optimal benefits. Not only can it produce fruit in its first season, under optimal conditions, but it's also carefree. What else makes the Theta Filbert a must-have?
- It's a beautiful tree with large, thick green leaves.
- It's resistant to pests and diseases, including Eastern Filbert Blight and tolerant of heat and humidity.
- And it's conveniently-sized, topping out at 8 to 10 feet in height.
Experts at Oregon State University set out to engineer the perfect Hazelnut Tree, and the result was the Theta Filbert. Aside from the numerous qualities of the tree itself, the hazelnuts are some of the best we've seen. Gorgeous, glistening, copper-colored hazelnuts abound. Created to produce high yields, the Theta's nuts fill their husks in great numbers. What's more, the Theta's flowers will pollinate and help increase production in your Jefferson Filbert Trees as well.
NOTE: This product cannot ship to Oregon.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
As September rolls in, you'll be ready to harvest rich, buttery and flavorful hazelnuts from your own backyard. Your family will enjoy them fresh off the tree or used to create a diversity of culinary treats for many seasons to come. That's because we've planted, grown and nurtured your Theta Hazelnut for best results, and you reap the rewards, effortlessly. We've put in the hard work at our nursery so you don't have to. That means your Hazelnut Tree arrives with a healthy, better-developed root system.
With all these incredible benefits, ordering the Theta Filbert hazelnut Tree is a must. Get yours today!
Theta Filbert Hazelnut Pollination
Theta Filbert Hazelnuts are not self-fertile. You will need to plant another variety to achieve fruiting. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Planting & Care
1. Planting: These trees can tolerate partial shade but prefer around 6 hours of sunlight daily. Avoid planting your tree in areas of your yard that are prone to flooding...well-drained soil is best.
Dig a hole that’s just as deep as the root ball, and three times as wide. Make sure that your tree is straight and that the root collar is level with the surrounding ground. Backfill your hole and gently tamp the soil down as you go to eliminate air pockets. Finally, water and then mulch the area to deter competing growth and to preserve soil moisture.
2. Watering: Feel your soil every few days. Once it feels like it’s close to drying out about 3 inches down, give your tree a slow drink of water by holding a hose to its base and counting to 30 seconds.
3. Fertilizing: We suggest waiting two to three years before fertilizing. To give your tree a boost, feed with well-balanced organic fertilizer, like formula 10-10-10, in the late winter or early spring.
4. Pruning: The best time to prune is in the late winter or early spring when your tree is still dormant. Be sure to remove any dead or broken branches, as well as crisscrossing or rubbing branches.
*Note: Nut production is maximized in growing zones 6 and above. If you live in a hotter zone, you may see smaller nut harvests.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||8-10 ft.|
|Mature Width:||6-8 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Corylus avellana 'Theta'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,CA,OR,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
very good delivery and it is growing
Healthy trees, still alive!
The trees arrived as advertised. They were healthy with some foliage. I have a brown thumb and was concerned if they’d still be alive. It’s been about month and they are doing fine.
Very Pleased with Theta Filbert Hazelnut
The tree looks great. It arrived in wonderful condition. Can't wait until we get nuts!
Beautiful tree! Very healthy!
Due to some shipping snafu, my tree was delayed in the mail. It was a very hot day and I was worried that the tree would be distressed or dead when it arrived. I called FastGrowingTrees.com customer service and they assured me that if the tree did not arrive in good condition that it would be replaced. The tree arrived a day later. We planted it and it is doing beautifully!!
This is THE BEST ONLINE TREE STORE. If you’re looking for trees, this is the place to buy them. Thank you.