* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Thick Ornamental Holly for Any Location
Why Robin™ Red Hollies?
Growing large naturally, with classic red berries, our Robin Red Holly is a versatile, adaptable landscape star. Bright red berries cheer up your winter, while timeless deep green leaves make them pop.
Even better? The Robin Red is easy to grow and shade tolerant, so it plays a role in every season, including spring. That's when birds will drop in to your garden to feast on the juicy berries. And the Red Holly holds up well indoors, too.
Place cuttings in decorative bowls or vases throughout your home and you'll be amazed at how long they last. The Red Holly adapts to clay and sandy soils and is a trouble-free plant, no matter where it’s located. Plus, it responds well to pruning, so you can do anything with this tree.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best part? Because we’ve planted and grown your Robin Red Holly, months ahead of shipping, you get strong results. Each of our Hollies boasts a healthy root system and well-developed branching, ready to acclimate and flourish in your own landscape.
Now, you reap the rewards of our hard work at the nursery. Unlike other nurseries, we ship a tree that’s ready to perform, year after year. Experience the beauty for yourself…and get your own Robin Red Holly today!
Robin™ Red Holly Tree Pollination
This holly is a female-only cultivar only and will not need a male holly in order to produce berries. One holly will produce berries, but will still benefit from other hollies planted nearby.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: When planting your Red Holly, find a site that offers some shade, even though they can tolerate full sun (5 to 8 hours of sunlight per day is ideal). Select a site with moist, well-draining soil, and dig the hole a little shallower than the root ball and three times the width of the root ball. Loosen the soil in and around the hole so the roots can easily break through.
Back fill the hole, apply water to settle the soil and remove the air pockets. Mulching around the Holly can be beneficial in retaining soil moisture while also keeping competitive growth such as grass and weeds at bay.
2. Watering: Water yourRed Holly as needed to keep the soil lightly moist. However, don’t allow the soil to get over saturated - simply check the soil about 3 inches down for dryness, and water if the area is dry.
3. Fertilizing: The Holly generally doesn’t require any supplemental fertilization. However, if the soil or growth is poor, feed the plant in spring and fall using a fertilizer specifically formulated for evergreen and other acid loving plants.
4. Pruning: Pruning is only required if you wish to keep the holly at a certain shape or size. Shape your Holly in late winter or early spring before growth resumes.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $149||$19.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||15-20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||12-15 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Ilex X 'Conin'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||6-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 6-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
The holly was 3 to 4' tall when unboxed, but a little slim on the width. It would be best to ask us in a year for an evaluation. We really like the Robin Holly and hope it survives and grows this next year.
Healthy little Holly
Received tree in excellent condition and planted it immediately. Looks good and is doing well in the soil here on Hilton Head Island.
Robin Red Holly Tree
Excellent packaging - very healthy plants! Look forward to many years of enjoying them!
Robin Red Holly
Quick deliver and plants were healthy and full approximately 2ft tall. Too soon to see how they will do in the Houston, TX area
Great purchase awesome results keep up the good work thx again