* Images shown are of mature plants
Romantic Pink Flowers and Beautiful Branching
Why Pink Heartbreaker Redbuds?
Looking to make a romantic, eye-catching statement in your landscape? The Pink Heartbreaker Redbud is the perfect choice.
In spring, the Pink Heartbreaker Redbud Tree's elegant weeping branches bloom with small, lavender-pink flowers. This tree makes a gorgeous centerpiece in any yard or garden, without the extensive maintenance that some flowering trees and bushes require. It's perfect in foundational beds in the front or side of your home, or as forest-side edging.
While it blooms from April to May, the Pink Heartbreaker Redbud provides visual interest much longer, with bright green, heart-shaped leaves following the spring bloom. Plus, with a small, manageable shape, it can be planted almost anywhere in your landscape.
You'll love the Pink Heartbreaker Redbud for its sophisticated yet wild branching. Once the branches develop, they weep into floating tendrils, giving the tree a natural look that adds whimsy to informal landscapes. Branching is also stronger than other Eastern Redbud varieties.
Make a statement through spring and summer and beyond with the graceful, elegant Pink Heartbreaker Redbud.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
A unique variety of redbud, the Pink Heartbreaker Redbud isn't always easy to find. But when you order your Pink Heartbreaker Redbud from Fast Growing Trees, you get a show-stopping performer with a deep, well-developed root system and the promise of fresh, vibrant color.
This newer variety has unmatched color and tends to sell out quickly. Don't wait - get your Pink Heartbreaker Redbud Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select an area with well-drained soil and full sun to partial sun (ideally, 4 to 6 hours of direct sunlight, with some afternoon shade).
Dig a hole twice as wide as the diameter and as deep as your tree’s root ball. Place your tree, backfill the soil, and water to settle the tree’s roots. Finally, spread 3 to 4 inches of mulch over the planting site to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: During the first year, water your tree once or twice weekly. If you’re not sure when to water, check the surrounding soil to about 3 inches down. If the soil is dry, it’s time to water your tree.
After establishing the first year, your Redbud can thrive on rainfall alone, but we recommend that you continue to check the soil. Soil should remain moist about 3 inches down.
3. Fertilizing: In early spring, apply compost or a complete fertilizer, such as 5-10-5. Spread evenly around the root zone of the plant according to the label instructions.
4. Pruning: Prune the tree as needed in early summer, after the tree is done blooming. Begin by removing any larger lower branches and branches that cross over each other or rub together.
Cut branches close to the trunk without leaving any stubs. If several branches need to be removed, remove gradually over a few months. In late winter, prune any dead or damaged wood and remove any shoots that are growing from the bottom of the trunk.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||10-12 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-10 ft.|
|Sunlight:||Part Sun (4 hours minimum) or Full Sun|
|Botanical Name:||Cercis canadensis 'Pink Heartbreaker' PP23043|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|