* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||12-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||12-15 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st Year!|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus cerasus 'Montmorency'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, ID, WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Nation's Most Popular Dessert Cherry in 1 Year
Why Montmorency Cherry Trees?
These large, bright red cherries are the USA's most popular cherry and you can grow them in your own yard – the Montmorency Cherry Tree is in a league of its own. Plus, they product buckets of juicy cherries with a uniquely tart flavor, so you’ll have plenty for your favorite recipes.
And since they’re self-fertile, you’ll only need one for a huge amount of fresh cherries year after year (though more trees = more cherries for you). Even better, the Montmorency is low-maintenance, so it’s hardy down to -20 degrees and thrives in a variety of soils across the country.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best part of this Montmorency Cherry Tree? Because we’ve planted, monitored and shipped it with care, you get a healthy, proven performer in your landscape. We’ve meticulously nurtured our Montmorency so that it’s consistent, season after season and year over year. You’ll get the same delectable fruit no matter what.
Imagine delicious, one-of-a-kind flavor from your own backyard. They are selling out fast, be sure to get your Montmorency Cherry Tree today before they're gone!
Montmorency Cherry Tree Pollination
Montmorency Cherry Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional pollinator will drastically increase the size of your crop. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select a location for your Montmorency that receives at least 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day for best results. Also select an area with well-drained soil. When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's three times the width of the root ball and just as deep. Place your tree, back fill the soil, tamp down and water to settle the roots. Spread a layer of mulch around the surrounding soil to preserve moisture.
2. Watering: During the growing season, if your tree receives at least an inch of rain every 10 days then no additional irrigation is necessary. If the season is hot and dry, then you may need to provide some additional water. The best way to water is by using a slow trickling garden hose left at the base of the tree. If you're not sure when to water, however, simply check the soil about 2 or 3 inches down. If the soil here is dry, it's time to water.
3. Pruning: A year after planting your Montmorency, prune during winter. Shape the tree to encourage horizontal branch growth with space between branches. And prune once a year as necessary to remove weak, drooping branches.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilize in the spring and mid-summer using nitrogen fertilizer twice annually, applying 2 weeks after planting and 4 weeks after the first application. Use a complete fertilizer such as 10-10-10 - fertilizer application ratios vary upon the formulation, so be sure to follow package directions. When applying, be sure fertilizer is 6 to 8 inches away from the trunk around the tree.
Tips: In colder climates, avoid fertilizing after mid-summer to prevent new growth that won’t harden before fall frosts.
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5, & 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 2nd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 11th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 28th|
|Zones 6 - 11||Ships Now!|
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$79 +||FREE SHIPPING!|