* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Self-Fertile Cherry Tree and Fruit in 1 Year
Why Lapins Cherry Trees?
The irresistible sweetness of cherries will become a summer family tradition when you purchase the Lapins Cherry Tree. When harvest time arrives, your Lapins will produce 15 to 20 gallons of the succulent fruit.
And you’ll get this sweet-tasting harvest in just one year. Vibrant blooms in the spring then transition into a summer bounty of delectable sweet cherries after only the first year. Plus, it’s low-maintenance, thriving in a variety of soil types, tolerant temperatures down to -10 degrees and producing fruit on its own, without a pollinator.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
You’ll get the Lapins Cherry Tree and all the benefits of its low-maintenance, highly productive growth because we’ve planted, monitored and shipped your tree with absolute care. We’ve grown the Lapins at our nursery and meticulously nurtured it from day one, so you get the most healthful, proven results.
We’ve done the hard work…and now, you’ll reap the rewards. Your own home-grown cherries in just one year, with a delectable summer harvest. Get your Lapins Cherry Tree before it’s gone!
Lapins Cherry Tree Pollination
Lapins Cherry Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional pollinator will drastically increase the size of your crop. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a sunny spot that will give your Lapins a minimum of 6 hours of direct sunlight per day. Although it will thrive in almost any kind of soil, avoid locations where the soil will remain soggy for prolonged lengths of time.
When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's three times the width of the root ball and just as deep. Place your tree, back fill the soil, tamp down and water to settle the roots. Spread a layer of mulch around the surrounding soil to preserve moisture.
2. Watering: During the growing season, if your tree receives at least an inch of rain every 10 days then no additional irrigation is necessary. If the season is hot and dry, then you may need to provide some additional water. The best way to water is by using a slow trickling garden hose left at the base of the tree. If you're not sure when to water, however, simply check the soil about 2 or 3 inches down. If the soil here is dry, it's time to water.
3. Pruning: A year after planting your Lapins Cherry Tree, prune during winter. Shape the tree to encourage horizontal branch growth with space between branches. And prune once a year as necessary to remove weak, drooping branches.
4. Fertilizing: Fertilize in the spring and mid-summer using nitrogen fertilizer twice annually, applying 2 weeks after planting and 4 weeks after the first application. Use a complete fertilizer such as 10-10-10 - fertilizer application ratios vary upon the formulation, so be sure to follow package directions. When applying, be sure fertilizer is 6 to 8 inches away from the trunk around the tree.
Tips: In colder climates, avoid fertilizing after mid-summer to prevent new growth that won’t harden before fall frosts.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||15-20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||10-15 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Prunus avium 'Lapins'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, ID, WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Trees came nicely packed and healthy. All three with many buds some already sprouting.
Lapins cherry tree
I have been wanting a cherry tree for many years. I received my tree last week. I planted it and it looks great, many new leaves are sprouting! I’m so excited!
It took right away.
Perfect! One of the tops of the cherry trees broke off during shipping and they replaced it right away. There were new leaves in just 2 weeks and I can't wait to see it grow at this rate.
So far real good time will tell