* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Deep Green Leaves & Drought Tolerance on Dwarf Form
Why Dwarf Olive Trees?
Deep green tones plus silvery pops on a dwarf silhouette make this Olive Tree second to none. And because dry, arid conditions and heat are no match for the Little Ollie Dwarf Olive Tree, you can grow it indoors or outdoors, even in tough conditions.
It's drought-tolerant after it’s established, so you won't have to water it often. This non-fruiting variety will flourish in your landscape, whether it’s used as an attractive formal hedge or specimen in your front yard. Plus, it looks great in topiary form, trained as a single tree in tighter spaces, or potted up in a container.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
But the best part? Your Dwarf Olive’s ease and durable growth. It's a proven performer because it’s been planted, monitored and shipped with best results in mind. Our expert horticulturists and plant specialists have hand-selected this manageable, must-have Olive Tree for your homescape.
Now you reap the rewards of healthy, happy results, effortlessly…no matter where your Dwarf Olive Tree is planted. Don’t wait – get your own Little Ollie Dwarf Olive Tree today!
NOTE: This product is specific to Arizona. Find 'Little Ollie' Dwarf Olive available in other states.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select a location with well-drained soil and full sun – any area with approximately 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day is perfect.
When you’re ready to plant your Dwarf Olive Tree, dig a hole that’s about one and a half to two times the size of your plant’s root ball, place the tree in the hole, backfill the soil and water to settle the roots. If you’re container planting your Dwarf Olive, simply select a container that’s twice the size of the tree’s root ball and follow in-ground instructions from there. Containers should also have drainage holes.
2. Watering: Once established, your Dwarf Olive is drought tolerant, but it’s important to have a regular watering schedule for the first few growing seasons. Water about once weekly or more often in extreme heat and check the surrounding soil…if the surrounding soil is dry 2 or 3 inches down, it’s time to water your plant. Reduce watering frequency once your plant is established but continue to water container-planted Dwarf Olives regularly.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Dwarf Olive with a general-purpose fertilizer before new growth begins in the spring.
4. Pruning: Remove any old or damaged foliage, or damaged branching, and prune your tree during winter.
How much should I water?
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||4-6 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4-6 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Olea ‘Little Ollie’|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|