* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Seedless, Sweet and Small Fruit, Easy to Grow
Why Kishu Mandarin Trees?
When it comes to Mandarins, it doesn't get any better than the Kishu Mandarin. This seedless variety of Mandarin has everything you could want in a quick and healthy snack. The Kishu Mandarin may be the smallest mandarin you've seen, but don’t let that fool you. These bite-size citrus fruits are packed full of flavor and nutrition.
They're easy to grow, too. Kishu Mandarin Trees require very little effort and upkeep. With just a little bit of watering and fertilizing, you'll be growing a healthy and productive citrus tree. Don't worry if you live in a cold climate - simply plant your tree in a container and bring it indoors before the first freeze.
NOTE: This product is specific to Georgia. Find Kishu Mandarin Trees available in other states.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
You'll get healthy, delicious fruit without effort. Our tried-and-true process, from planting to growing and shipping, ensures that you get better results in your own homescape. We've nurtured our Kishu Mandarin Trees, so when your tree arrives at your door, it arrives with healthier roots and better branching...an experience you won't get from big box or your local nursery.
Start growing these sweet, tiny Mandarins today. Whether you want to give your family the gift of a healthy treat or you're looking for an easy-to-grow citrus tree, the Kishu Mandarin has everything you're looking for. The compact size and incredible health benefits make this tree a hit, so don't miss your chance. Order yours today!
Kishu Mandarin Tree Pollination
Kishu Mandarin Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Kishu Mandarin Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your tree in a large pot (around one and a half times the plant's shipped container) that gives the roots room to grow. Plant in well-draining, loose soil and make sure your container has proper drainage holes. Always keep your tree in the sunniest location possible, whether indoors or outdoors.
When you plant, add your soil, place your tree, backfill with soil again and leave about a one-inch space at the top. Finally, water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Water new plants twice a week until it's established. Once the tree is established, only water every 7 to 10 days.
If you're not sure when to water, simply check your soil about 2 or 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Use a citrus fertilizer, like the one included in our Citrus Care Kit, in March, May, and June. Follow the instructions on the package, but divide the amount by 3. When applying the fertilizer, water the tree lightly to dissolve the fertilizer into the soil.
4. Pruning: Prune in the spring when new growth emerges. Remove all dead and dying limbs or branches that grow from the bottom of the tree. During the first two years of growth, remove all the fruit once the blooms have died. This allows the tree the ability to use all the nutrients, and it encourages new growth.
5. Pollination: Though this tree is self-fertile, for indoor trees, you can pollinate by hand since most people do not keep a healthy bee population within their home. Simply take a small, dry, fine-tipped paintbrush and stick it into the center of the bloom. Swirl it around and collect the pollen on the brush.
Go to the next bloom and repeat the process until every bloom has been treated. Do this once daily and don’t wash the paintbrush until after the blooms have been pollinated. The bloom will fall off naturally and the fruit will begin to form in its place.
Are Kishu Mandarins sweet?
Are Kishu Mandarins healthy?
How big do Kishu Mandarin Trees get?
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||8 ft. pruned|
|Mature Width:||3-4 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Citrus kinokuni mukakukishu|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, CA, FL, HI, LA, TX|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|