* Images shown are of mature plants
Crimson Blooms Add Drama to Any Landscape
Why Karl Rosenfield Peonies?
If you’re looking for a bright, eye-catching peony, the Karl Rosenfield is considered to be the best of the best! This crimson red flower is larger than similar varieties and is a double peony, meaning it produces an abundance of densely-packed petals from its crown.
Gardener Karl Rosenfield developed this fragrant, hardy peony more than a hundred years ago, and his lush, clustered cultivar has been impressing ever since. The flower begins as a small ball before opening to reveal layered petals and bright yellow stamen. Setting off the vibrant red of the flower are sage-green, pointed leaves that turn red in fall.
An ideal specimen or border plant, the Karl Rosenfield Peony is a small bush, reaching two to three feet tall and wide. It's also incredibly low-maintenance. Not only does it attract few pests and diseases, but it also requires almost no pruning.
Blooming from late spring to early summer, the Karl Rosenfield Peony makes a stunning addition to your garden display. Each flower blooms for a week or longer, and planted with earlier and later-blooming peonies, you can enjoy an array of blossoms for up to six weeks!
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
Carefully grown and maintained, you can be confident our varieties will arrive ready to flourish. You can expect healthier, well-developed root systems and exceptional growth, delivered straight to your door. You won't find this selection of quality plants anywhere else, that's for sure!
It’s hard to imagine anything better than a bright red peony on a summer’s day. Enhance your garden by ordering a Karl Rosenfield Peony today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant where it can receive full sun, although some partial shade is tolerated in the south and warmest areas of the west. Plant so that the buds at the top of the roots are pointing up. Cover with 1-2 inches of soil if you’re in the north, no more than one inch if you’re in the south.
2. Watering: Ensure moderate moisture and well-draining soil, about an inch of water per week throughout the growing season.
3. Fertilizing: An annual side-dressing of one inch of compost or aged manure will help this plant’s growth. No other fertilization is needed.
4. Pruning: Deadhead after flowering and cut back to the ground in winter after the first frost to encourage energy for next year.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $149||$19.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||2-3 ft.|
|Mature Width:||2-3 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Paeonia x 'Karl Rosenfield'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
The plant arrived in a timely manner and in good condition. This company always gets 5 stars on shipping and handling. I bought this plant late in the season and really did not expect to have flowering. The plant did not flower, but it is growing well and looks healthy. I will continue to use this company for on-lone purchasing of plants. They are the best !
Always happy with how plants are shipped. Can’t wait to see blooms on my peonies.