* Images shown are of mature plants
The Perfect Berry Pair, Ready to Fruit
Why John & Adams Elderberry Shrubs?
Imagine delectably flavored fruit with unmatched aroma, right from your backyard. With our John & Adams Elderberry Shrub Pair, you'll have it all: rich taste, huge bounties, and effortless growth that's second to none.
No guesswork in growing when it comes to the John & Adams. You will receive 1 Adams Elderberry and 1 John Elderberry. Now, you won't have to hunt for a pollinator at big-box garden centers or wonder when you'll get your fruit. With the John & Adams, all the work is taken care of you since two separate varieties are shipped in one package!
The John & Adams Elderberry Pair means peace of mind. From its extremely hardy growth to its bounty of berries that make delicious wines, jams, jellies, and beyond, the John & Adams is like having a mini orchard right at home.
It's even hardy down to -20 degrees, thriving through tough weather and conditions that would cause other varieties to die back.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Good luck finding the John & Adams bundle anywhere else. When you order from Fast Growing Trees, you not only get the benefits of effortless harvests and pounds of juicy elderberries...but you also get a head start on growth.
We've grafted, planted, and grown your John & Adams Elderberry with utmost care. Now, when it's delivered to your door, it's ready to grow above and beyond without any muss or fuss on your part.
We have a limited supply, so we recommend placing your order today. Order your John & Adams Elderberry before it's gone!
Elderberry Plant Pollination
Elderberry Plants are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Elderberry Plant will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: For the best berry production, select a spot with full sun (at least 6 hours of sunlight) and well-drained soil.
Once you have the location, dig a hole three times as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place your shrub in the hole and make sure that it’s level with the ground and backfill the hole. Once you’ve finished this process, give your Elderberry a long drink of water and mulch around the base.
2. Watering: Keep the soil moist but not oversaturated. Typically, you'll water once or twice weekly. If you're not sure when to water, simply check your surrounding soil about 3 inches down - if it's dry here, it's time to water your shrub.
3. Fertilizing: It’s best to fertilize early in the spring before new growth starts to emerge, then again after your berry harvest. Use a well-balanced, general all-purpose fertilizer like f10-10-10.
4. Pruning: Pruning will help increase your crop and keep your bushes healthy. After your berry harvest, prune spent canes back to promote the growth of new ones.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||10-12 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4-6 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Sambucus canadensis 'Adams'/ Sambucus canadensis 'Johns'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|