* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||1-2 ft.|
|Mature Width:||1-3 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Rosa 'Meipicdevoj'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-10 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-10 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Icy White Blooms in a Compact Rose
Huge White Double Blooms
The Icy Drift® Rose is part of the Drift® Rose collection. This spreading plant bears an abundance of pure white, double blooms in large clusters. Once it starts blooming in the spring, it will continue to produce an abundance of clusters and white rose petals all the way to the first frost. The emerald-green glossy foliage makes an attractive contrast to the white blooms.
Easy to Grow Roses
Unlike some rose varieties that require a lot of attention, the Icy Drift® is not a finicky bush and grows with ease. As part of the Drift® Collection, it is bred to grow prolifically with no need to spray for diseases. Naturally drought and disease resistant, the roses bloom beautifully with no need for clipping or pruning.
Cold Hardy Bush for Endless Uses
Icy Drift® Roses are hardy from zones 4-10 and can be enjoyed in multiple environments. Grown as groundcover, it presents a fresh bright array of soft double blooms. These fast growers are a great companion to existing flowers and gardens. Add them to a vase to brighten up a kitchen counter, or bedside table. You'll have up to 6 months of continuous blooms.
Don't Delay. Call and order today to start enjoying these superior roses this week!
Planting & Care
The Icy Drift® Rose (Rosa Meipicdevoj) is the newest in the line. This makes an ideal, spreading ground cover with its abundance of petite, double white blooms, you will have a carpet of white from early spring into fall. Drift® roses are extremely disease resistant making them suitable for just about any space in your yard such as lining your walkway, established beds, trailing low walls or fencing, or containers. Great for USDA growing zones 4-10 and hardy to - 20 degrees, the Icy Drift® prefers a full sun spot but can take partial exposure. This moderately growing plant will mature to a height of 1-3 feet tall/wide and be a welcome addition to any landscape design.
Selecting a location: Be sure to have a well-prepared area or raised bed for your Drift® Roses with a generous amount of organic matter, such as compost. Well-draining soil is very important so be sure water does not collect in the area you intend to plant. If you have an overabundance of clay you may want to amend the soil with small rocks, sand, or perlite to improve drainage.
Planting Directions (in the ground): A location that receives full sun (6+ hours) is best as the roses will not reach their full potential in shaded areas.
1) Dig the hole and make it twice the size of the root ball and just as deep as the container. Use your hands or a shovel to loosen the soil at the bottom of the hole.
2) Carefully remove the rose from its container. Some light tapping around the base of the pot will help free up the root ball. Loosen the roots with your hands by gently combing the bottom of the root ball. Place the plant in the hole making sure it’s level with the soil surface.
3) Start adding the native soil/gardening soil mix back around the roots. Soil amendments such as peat moss, compost, or aged manure can be mixed in with your native soil to improve the quality.
4) Thoroughly water your Icy Drift® Rose around the base of the plant until it’s well soaked but not saturated (avoid soupy soil).
5) Mulch around the plant to help retain moisture and reduce competing growths such as weeds or grasses from growing around the plant. If left unchecked the soil nutrients may be lacking for the roses to grow.
Planting Directions (potted plant): Icy Drift® roses can also be successfully grown in containers providing they get proper care and placement.
1) When selecting a container for your Drift® roses, be sure it has plenty of holes on the bottom as drainage is essential.
2) A good potting soil should be fine for filling in the open pot space. Try to leave 1-1 ½ inches of space from the top of the pot lid for easy watering.
3) Choose a location such as a patio, backyard, front/side of the house providing it will receive the six or more hours of full sun it requires.
Watering (in the ground): Your Icy Drift® Rose will need to be watered 1-3 times weekly depending on the weather. During the extremely hot season, you may need to water more often to keep the soil moist but avoid over saturating. Mulching really helps with retaining soil moisture.
Watering (potted): Stick your finger into the potting soil down to a depth of 2 inches and feel around for any moisture. If the soil is dry and sandy-like, go ahead and water it until you see it escaping the drainage holes, and then stop. If there is still some moisture present, leave it be until the soil dries a bit more.
Fertilizing: The best time to fertilize Drift® roses is in the spring season with a slow-release or controlled time-release fertilizer. Add another application in late summer to help with fall blooms. Be sure to follow the application instructions on the fertilizer for the best results. Potted Drift® roses should be fed in the same fashion, during the growing season with a time-release fertilizer in spring and again in late summer.
Pruning: Drift® Roses should be pruned in early spring and never in the fall or winter. When you see new shoots begin to form from the canes, that's a good sign that some pruning is needed. Sterilize your cutting tool(s) with rubbing alcohol to ensure a clean cut and so no pathogens will be contracted or spread.
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, & 4. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 3rd|
|Zones 5 - 11||Ships Now!|
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|