* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||40-50 ft.|
|Mature Width:||25-40 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Betula nigra 'Cully'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Classic, Fast-Growing Ornamental Tree
Why Heritage® River Birch Trees?
It's easy to understand why the Heritage® River Birch is such a popular tree. For starters, it's resistant to common diseases, grows up to 2 to 3 feet each year, and adapts to a variety of soil types. Plus, it's an elegant source of shade, with unique peeling bark that stands out in your landscape.
This distinctive tree is easy to grow, too, adding character in nicely landscaped yards from Minnesota to Florida. It adapts well to both wet and dry planting sites and tolerates modest drought and mild floods. Even better is its ability to resist strong wind, ice, and other damaging elements. Basically, there's nothing the Heritage® River Birch can't do.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Heritage® River Birch is a truly beautiful tree for all seasons...made so popular in many states because it is adaptable to almost all growing zones across the country. But the best part is that we've planted, grown and nurtured our Heritage® Rivers before they ship, so you get the healthiest results possible. You get a more developed root system, delivered right to your door - something you won't find at big box or other nurseries.
Get the tree that can grow almost anywhere while providing amazing shade and benefits. Get our Heritage® River Birch for yourself today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Birch Trees need a full day of sun (about 6 to 8 hours of sunlight each day) and well-drained soil.
Plant after all danger of frost has passed. Select a spot that will receive about 8 hours of sunlight a day and have the roots/soil in a cool, shaded place. Dig a hole that is three times as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Keep the tree as straight as possible and begin to backfill the hole. Put a slow release of water on a hose and leave next to the root system area for a couple of hours to be sure the depth is reached. Finally, spread a three-foot layer of mulch around the base of the tree with wood chips, shredded bark or leaf compost.
2. Watering: Provide deep watering for the Birch Tree weekly using a hose next to the base with a slow flow of water for 2 hours during the growing season. You may need to increase to twice weekly during hot, dry summers. Proper mulching can assist with keeping the roots and soil moist. Reduce watering towards the end of August so your tree can winterize for its dormant stage.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize in the late spring and early summer with a product that targets root growth. Use an acidified evergreen fertilizer such as 10-10-10 because birch trees do better in soil that is slightly acidic.
4. Pruning: The best time to prune birch trees is late summer or early autumn. Start by removing side shoots and suckers first and then decide which branches to remove. Cut back branches that are less than 2 inches wide as close to the trunk as possible.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- River Birch
Couldn’t be better
They are growing amazingly. First couple of weeks lots of new growth beautiful green. I got the 5-6 ft and am hoping for 7’ before they go dormant. Yes our “Birch are Bursting their Britches”
It was absolutely perfect. Tree arrived in excellent condition and was a beautiful and healthy tree
Love this tree!! It looked great upon arrival and already has new growth. One of my favorite trees!