* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
The Grand Naine is Top Banana
Why Grand Nain 'Naine' Banana Trees?
The Grand Nain is known for merging tropical-inspired good looks with easy care and fast fruiting. In fact, this long-leaved beauty yields large heads of flavorful bananas faster than any other tree, and produces well as a potted specimen...which means exotic fruit in even the coldest locations.
And since it's resistant to most diseases, the Grand Naine stands up to problems, including strong winds. Simply remove any damaged or worn leaves to stimulate the growth of new leaves, or even use them to wrap meat for your next barbecue. Seriously - there's nothing you can't do when it comes to the Grand Naine. During the growing season, you'll see fresh new leaves appear every few days.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
As a variety similar to the famed Chiquita, the Grand Naine is a member of the Cavendish family. But the countless bananas you'll enjoy will taste much sweeter than those from the local market, especially when you pick them ripe from your very own tree. These creamy white bananas are substantial and delicious. And what's more, the Grand Naine is the fastest-producing banana variety available.
Plus, because we've planted and grown our Grand Naines well for months, long before shipping, you get a proven performer. Supermarket trips are now unnecessary because you get an amazing producer right in your backyard. You won't get the same results from other nurseries or big box stores - we've meticulously monitored our Grand Naines for success.
With incredible, visual tropical beauty and the most satisfying banana flavor imaginable, Grand Naines are ideal to create the backyard retreat of your dreams. Order a few of your own today!
Grand Nain 'Naine' Banana Tree Pollination
Grand Nain 'Naine' Banana Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Grand Nain 'Naine' Banana Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: When deciding where to plant your tree, keep in mind that they prefer full sunlight. They can tolerate partial shade, but need at least 6 hours of sunlight a day. Banana trees don’t like extreme heat, so afternoon shade will be more beneficial for your tree than morning shade. Avoid areas that receive high winds, and ensure soil is well-drained.
Once you’ve scouted your planting location, dig a hole that’s twice as wide as the pot and just as deep. Place your tree in the hole, and make sure that it’s level with the surrounding ground and that it’s standing straight up. Gently back fill the hole, tamping down to prevent air pockets and give your tree a long, slow drink of water.
Tip: Mulch the planting site to conserve water moisture and keep grass and weeds away from the tree.
2. Watering: Keep your soil moist, but not oversaturated. Water your tree every 2 to 3 days during the summer, and every few weeks in the winter, depending on your climate. Warmer areas that are more prone to drought will require water more frequently. If your tree is in a shady area, it will most likely require less water.
But if you're not sure when to water, simply check your tree's surrounding soil about 2 inches down. If the soil here is dry, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Banana Trees are often as hungry as they are thirsty. Give your tree a well-balanced organic fertilizer once a month during the growing season. Fertilizer will have a recommended dose for the size of your tree on the back of the package. We recommend giving your tree half of that dose for best results.
4. Pruning: Remove any damaged or broken leaves that hang downwards. After your tree produces fruit, trim it back to about 30 inches tall, and let the stem dry out for a week or two. Once the stem has dried, remove it. This will allow new banana tree stalks to grow. Once a stem fruits, it won’t produce again.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||6-8 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-10 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Musa acuminata 'Grande Naine'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors(hardy down to 30℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- banana tree
It is a banana tree. That was what I was expecting.
My wife has been asking for a banana tree for years. I got her a plant from my children for Mother's Day. 100% I was sent a banana tree. It has been super successful (in Minnesota). When it gets cold out we, (I) will bring it in. I'm still learning about bananas, but they seem pretty easy to take care of.
Great customer seevice
I got a damaged tree, it was savable but they sent me a new one in great shape ! Awesome customer service
the majority of leaves have died but is showing signs of new growth so I'm hopefully it will bounce back with new leaves. Also has new growth at the base so may have a new tree.
Was scared to order online especially a Banana Tree, but it arrived in good condition. Beautiful and bigger than I thought it would be. Will buy from this company again.