* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
The Grand Naine is Top Banana
Why Grand Nain 'Naine' Banana Trees?
The Grand Nain is known for merging tropical-inspired good looks with easy care and fast fruiting. In fact, this long-leaved beauty yields large heads of flavorful bananas faster than any other tree, and produces well as a potted specimen...which means exotic fruit in even the coldest locations.
And since it's resistant to most diseases, the Grand Naine stands up to problems, including strong winds. Simply remove any damaged or worn leaves to stimulate the growth of new leaves, or even use them to wrap meat for your next barbecue. Seriously - there's nothing you can't do when it comes to the Grand Naine. During the growing season, you'll see fresh new leaves appear every few days.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
As a variety similar to the famed Chiquita, the Grand Naine is a member of the Cavendish family. But the countless bananas you'll enjoy will taste much sweeter than those from the local market, especially when you pick them ripe from your very own tree. These creamy white bananas are substantial and delicious. And what's more, the Grand Naine is the fastest-producing banana variety available.
Plus, because we've planted and grown our Grand Naines well for months, long before shipping, you get a proven performer. Supermarket trips are now unnecessary because you get an amazing producer right in your backyard. You won't get the same results from other nurseries or big box stores - we've meticulously monitored our Grand Naines for success.
With incredible, visual tropical beauty and the most satisfying banana flavor imaginable, Grand Naines are ideal to create the backyard retreat of your dreams. Order a few of your own today!
Grand Nain 'Naine' Banana Tree Pollination
Grand Nain 'Naine' Banana Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Grand Nain 'Naine' Banana Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: When deciding where to plant your tree, keep in mind that they prefer full sunlight. They can tolerate partial shade, but need at least 6 hours of sunlight a day. Banana trees don’t like extreme heat, so afternoon shade will be more beneficial for your tree than morning shade. Avoid areas that receive high winds, and ensure soil is well-drained.
Once you’ve scouted your planting location, dig a hole that’s twice as wide as the pot and just as deep. Place your tree in the hole, and make sure that it’s level with the surrounding ground and that it’s standing straight up. Gently back fill the hole, tamping down to prevent air pockets and give your tree a long, slow drink of water.
Tip: Mulch the planting site to conserve water moisture and keep grass and weeds away from the tree.
2. Watering: Keep your soil moist, but not oversaturated. Water your tree every 2 to 3 days during the summer, and every few weeks in the winter, depending on your climate. Warmer areas that are more prone to drought will require water more frequently. If your tree is in a shady area, it will most likely require less water.
But if you're not sure when to water, simply check your tree's surrounding soil about 2 inches down. If the soil here is dry, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Banana Trees are often as hungry as they are thirsty. Give your tree a well-balanced organic fertilizer once a month during the growing season. Fertilizer will have a recommended dose for the size of your tree on the back of the package. We recommend giving your tree half of that dose for best results.
4. Pruning: Remove any damaged or broken leaves that hang downwards. After your tree produces fruit, trim it back to about 30 inches tall, and let the stem dry out for a week or two. Once the stem has dried, remove it. This will allow new banana tree stalks to grow. Once a stem fruits, it won’t produce again.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||6-8 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-10 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Musa acuminata 'Grande Naine'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors(hardy down to 30℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- banana tree
Bring Paradise to your Home
Both Banana Tree's arrived in great condition and on time. We already have new leaves started and I guarantee this will brighten our days when the white snow blankets Minnesota.
Great it growing like a week ,
The banana tree has been in my wish list for awhile now and I finally decided to buy it. I saw the good reviews that’s why I chose this company. The plant arrived late (usual for Fedex) and when I opened the box, one of the 3 leaves had tears, so I was a bit disappointed as it ruined the aesthetics. But the plant is alive and it did not die during shipping as it was packed well.
Two Nanners for the Price of one!
My Grand Nain arrived well packaged and healthy. After unboxing him I saw that he had a pup (a baby banana) growing off of him and well on it's way to becoming another healthy banana plant! I've left the pup attached for now to give both parent and pup time to resettle from the trauma of getting shipped, but will then cut the pup from it's parent and repot him as a new banana plant. You can't beat two healthy banana plants for the price of one!
Healthy Banana Trees
Received well-packed healthy trees. Repotted immediately & both are thriving -