* Images shown are of mature plants
The Most Prolific Redbud Bloomer
Why Don EGolf Redbud Trees?
Delivering a profusion of blooms on a compact, rounded silhouette, the Don EGolf Redbud Tree is unique in its ability to give you a huge amount of color and voluminous flowers without actually taking up much space.
It's a U.S. National Arboretum introduction that's prized for its vibrant, full pink blooms and unmatched disease and pest resistance. That means you get all of the beauty without any of the fuss...no need for harsh sprays or chemicals to keep this gorgeous focal tree growing strong.
Even better is the fact that it's sterile, so it won't drop messy seed pods in your yard. Plus, because its multi-stemmed, tidy habit is slow-growing, you won't have to worry about pruning or trimming. Simply plant your Don Egolf, sit back, and watch the jaw-dropping show.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Because the Don Egolf is a special introduction, it can be nearly impossible to find at garden centers or big-box stores.
But when you order your Don Egolf Redbud from Fast Growing Trees, not only will you get a unique tree that gives you the best yard on the block...you also get a reliable, proven performer with a deep, well-developed root system.
We’ve taken care to ensure that your Don Egolf Redbud has the best head start on growth, so your tree is delivered with bigger, better branching for even more blooms.
But don't wait...the Don Egolf is a one-of-a-kind flowering specimen that will sell out very quickly. Don’t hesitate to buy your Don Egolf Redbud today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select an area with well-drained soil and full sun to partial sun (4 to 6 hours of direct sunlight with some afternoon shade).
Dig a hole twice as wide as the diameter and as deep as your tree’s root ball. Place your tree, backfill the soil, and water to settle the tree’s roots. Finally, spread 3 to 4 inches of mulch over the planting site to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: During the first year, water your tree about once or twice weekly. If you’re not sure when to water, check the surrounding soil to about 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it’s time to water your tree.
After the first year, your Redbud can thrive on rainfall alone, but we recommend that you continue to check the soil. Soil should remain moist about 3 inches down.
3. Fertilizing: In early spring, apply compost or a complete fertilizer, such as 5-10-5. Spread evenly around the root zone of the plant according to the label instructions.
4. Pruning: In late winter, you can prune any dead or damaged wood and remove any shoots that are growing from the bottom of the trunk.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||9-10 ft.|
|Mature Width:||9-10 ft.|
|Sunlight:||Part Sun (4 hours minimum) or Full Sun|
|Botanical Name:||Cercis chinensis 'Don Egolf'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||6-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 6-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Don EGolf Redbud Tree
Very nice and healthy tree. Very pleased.