* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||12-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||12-15 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Malus domestica 'Cox's Orange Pippin'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, CA, ID, OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
An Heirloom Apple + Exquisite Taste
Why the Cox's Orange Pippin Apple Tree?
Considered the most popular English Apple variety, the Cox is known for its distinct, rich flavor. If you’re an apple lover, this tree will be the prize possession of your garden because it’s been a favorite for nearly 200 years. This antique variety has outlasted trends because of its undeniably classic, crisp taste – in fact, hints of melon, orange, honey and even a little spice can be tasted in every bite.
So, it’s unlike anything you can buy from the store. This is an apple tree for apple lovers, grown for its taste. And though it requires a little more supervision and care, it’s still easy to plant and grow since we’ve grafted every one of our Cox’s Orange Trees for best results.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
For starters, you won’t be able to find these apples in a market. Because we’ve grafted and greenhouse-grown this one-of-a-kind variety, you get unique, exotic taste in your own garden. Plus, you get consistent results, year over year, since we use proven root stock for best results.
That means the second-to-none flavor of the Cox’s Orange Apple is just a click away. This tree has been famous for its fresh taste for more than 200 years for a reason – get your Cox's Orange Pippin Apple Tree today, before it’s gone!
Cox's Orange Pippin Apple Tree Pollination
Cox's Orange Pippin Apple Trees are not self-fertile. You will need to plant another variety to achieve fruiting. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Planting & Care
1. Planting Find a place in your yard that has well-drained soil and gets direct sunlight for 6 to 8 hrs a day. When you're ready to plant, dig a hole that's twice the size of the root ball. Then, place your tree, back fill the soil and water to settle the roots. Add a layer of mulch to retain moisture and prevent weed growth. You may also stake your tree to encourage upright growth. Place 3 to 4 wooden stakes, that are 1 to 2 feet taller than the tree, around it. Use garden wire or twine to loosely tie the stakes around the tree.
2. Watering: Depending on how much rain your area gets, you may need to water your tree every 10 days. If you get less than an inch of rain every 10 days, water the soil around the root line. If you're not sure when to water, simply check the soil about 2 or 3 inches down. If it's dry here, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: It's best to fertilize in late winter or early spring. As an alternative, you can buy commercial fertilizer produced for fruiting trees and follow the instructions.
4. Pollination: The Cox's Orange Pippin Apple Tree does not self-pollinate, so you must plant it alongside other varieties of apple trees to increase the harvest. The best varieties to plant with are Braeburn and the Golden Delicious varieties.
5. Pruning: Prune your tree when it is dormant in late winter by removing all dead leaves and branches. It is best to prune the branches in such a way that the entire tree receives an equal amount of light.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
Great! Arrived healthy. Also they didn’t look sad or puny. They were actually somewhat larger than I expected
The tree arrived safely and in great shape. It’s in the ground and seems to be doing well. Will have to follow up in a bit to see how it does up here in Montana.
My tree arrived promptly, nicely packaged, but some of the leaves had yellowed. I followed the instructions for planting, and now, several weeks later, all the leaves have greened and it is obviously growing and happy. Thanks, Fast Growing Trees!
Shipped fast arrived alive growing great