* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Delivers the First Sign Of Spring
Why Magnolia 'Butterflies' Trees?
Butterfly Magnolia Trees let you know that spring has officially arrived by covering themselves with bright yellow blossoms. Each flower is a vibrant shade of canary yellow, and they glow in the landscape like miniature orbs of sunlight, erasing winter drear from your garden.
The bright blossoms get their butterfly name because each flower petal points upwards, giving them the look of butterfly wings. Each flower looks like an elegant butterfly perching on top of the branches, inviting onlookers to marvel at their beauty.
While most magnolia blossoms are white or pink, the Butterfly Magnolia puts a modern twist on this traditional spring flower in a bright yellow hue. The Butterfly Magnolia Tree is a rare and unique Magnolia variety that your friends and neighbors have most likely never seen before.
Don’t wait for blooms! Butterfly Magnolias bloom in the early spring, often before they grow leaves. While your neighbor’s yards still look bleak from winter, yours will be sporting glowing spring flowers with a rich, flowery perfume that fills the landscape. Plus, they grow nearly anywhere in the country - from harsh winter conditions up north to the heat and drought of the South.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
You won’t find a healthier, better developed Magnolia. Because we’ve planted, grown and shipped your Magnolia with meticulous care and healthy roots, you get a hassle-free tree that’s ready to thrive in your landscape and burst with color and growth quickly.
In fact, when you buy our larger sizes, you can get explosive color as soon as the first season in your garden.
Other big-box retailers offer bare-root varieties that often don't stand a chance after the first year of growth. But our trees arrive at your doorstep in nutrient-filled soil, ready to grow.
By planting Butterfly Magnolias, you will have tons of hassle-free flowers every spring. Order yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location with well-drained soil and adequate sunlight for your Magnolia. Then, dig a hole that's about three times the width of your tree's rootball, place your tree, and backfill the soil.
2. Watering: Water the magnolia frequently during the root system's early development, then periodically as necessary. If you're not sure when to water, simply check the soil about 2 or 3 inches down for dryness.
3. Fertilizing: You can feed your tree with a controlled-release fertilizer formula if new growth is noticeably slow. Just be sure to follow the application instructions on the bottle for optimum effectiveness.
4. Pruning: Prune your magnolia at the first sign of any dead leaves, branches or flowers. When pruning, remove the branch down to its base. Prune your tree to maintain the required shape as well as to keep the rapid growth of branches under control.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||20-30 ft.|
|Mature Width:||10-15 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||M. acuminata x M. denudata|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- back yard
Magnolia butterflies tree
It is very beautiful tree I love it
Love it. Came pefectly packaged and is now planted and thriving. Sprouting leaves. Will be ordering from you in the near future. ( Japanese Maple).
Great Customer Service
I bought young yellow magnolia plant over 2 years ago this is the first time the flowers was blooming . I was disappointed it was pink. When I wrote the complaint they handled quickly. They offered replacement or their store credit. I just want for replacement they sent it right away. The plant has been delivered today, as usual it’s packed nice and neat. Thank you FastGrowing Trees Company. Excellent customer service.
Seems healthy, no new growth yet so have to wait and see.