Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉) 4-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 15-20 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 10-15 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- M. acuminata x M. denudata
- Does Not Ship To:
Don't Buy Bare-Root Trees (learn why below)
Delivers the First Sign Of Spring
Why Magnolia 'Butterflies' Trees?
Butterfly Magnolia Trees let you know that spring has officially arrived by covering themselves with bright yellow blossoms. Each flower is a vibrant shade of canary yellow, and they glow in the landscape like miniature orbs of sunlight, erasing winter drear from your garden.
The bright blossoms get their butterfly name because each flower petal points upwards, giving them the look of butterfly wings. Each flower looks like an elegant butterfly perching on top of the branches, inviting onlookers to marvel at their beauty.
While most magnolia blossoms are white or pink, the Butterfly Magnolia puts a modern twist on this traditional spring flower in a bright yellow hue. The Butterfly Magnolia Tree is a rare and unique Magnolia variety that your friends and neighbors have most likely never seen before.
Don’t wait for blooms! Butterfly Magnolias bloom in the early spring, often before they grow leaves. While your neighbor’s yards still look bleak from winter, yours will be sporting glowing spring flowers with a rich, flowery perfume that fills the landscape. Plus, they grow nearly anywhere in the country - from harsh winter conditions up north to the heat and drought of the South.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
You won’t find a healthier, better developed Magnolia. Because we’ve planted, grown and shipped your Magnolia with meticulous care and healthy roots, you get a hassle-free tree that’s ready to thrive in your landscape and burst with color and growth quickly.
In fact, when you buy our larger sizes, you can get explosive color as soon as the first season in your garden.
Other big-box retailers offer bare-root varieties that often don't stand a chance after the first year of growth. But our trees arrive at your doorstep in nutrient-filled soil, ready to grow.
By planting Butterfly Magnolias, you will have tons of hassle-free flowers every spring. Order yours today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Just got this tree. It came in a timely manner and in excellent condition. Ive planted it and its growing well and has new growth already.
Absolutely stunning growth! I can’t wait to see it grow! The most beautiful foliage ever!
It was awesome! Tree looks great and exciting to see the new blooms on it. Crossing my fingers it will like it's environment.
I unpacked the tree in good shape . It was well packed . I planted it and know await for growth and bloom. Leo Kusber
One live One dead of order of two order number 95045104
Need to know how to get a replacement on one of the trees one is great the other came with only one leaf alive on it and after four days it dropped off dead also the other is doing great. HELP
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location with well-drained soil and adequate sunlight for your Magnolia. Then, dig a hole that's about three times the width of your tree's rootball, place your tree, and backfill the soil.
2. Watering: Water the magnolia frequently during the root system's early development, then periodically as necessary. If you're not sure when to water, simply check the soil about 2 or 3 inches down for dryness.
3. Fertilizing: You can feed your tree with a controlled-release fertilizer formula if new growth is noticeably slow. Just be sure to follow the application instructions on the bottle for optimum effectiveness.
4. Pruning: Prune your magnolia at the first sign of any dead leaves, branches or flowers. When pruning, remove the branch down to its base. Prune your tree to maintain the required shape as well as to keep the rapid growth of branches under control.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$99+||FREE SHIPPING with code SHIP99|