* Images shown are of mature plants
Brilliant Fall Colors Meet Easy, Fast Growth
Why Autumn Purple Ash Trees?
Spectacular autumn foliage meets carefree growth, making the Autumn Purple Ash a favorite for easy, fast shade that's unbelievably vibrant. In fact, unlike many other similar varieties, the Autumn Purple Ash is highly adaptable to an array of soil types and is relatively drought resistant, meaning no guesswork in growing for you.
Transitioning from glossy green into red and finally to a brilliant purple in the fall, the Purple Ash makes an eye-catching statement. The Purple Ash holds its fall color longer than almost any other tree, so you'll enjoy the show the entire season!
And it works for you. Its large leaves block sunlight, cutting your cooling bills. When you get an Autumn Purple Ash of your own, you get a regal-looking ornamental tree that stands up to the elements, increases the value of your property, and saves energy.
Thriving up north or down south, the Autumn Purple Ash truly does it all. You can plant this enduring shade tree nearly anywhere...it lasts generation after generation.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
When you order from Fast Growing Trees, you get a higher quality, more attractive tree. Our Autumn Purple Ash goes through an extensive grafting process that guarantees incredible fall color. Few other nurseries do this because it takes an extra year and more labor...but your Autumn Purple Ash from Fast Growing Trees is poised for long-term success.
Now, you reap the rewards of our hard work at the nursery with a colorful, carefree tree.
Order while supplies last. Our Purple Ash is a customer favorite and sells out every year...so, don't wait - get your Autumn Purple Ash today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Purple Ash Trees are moderately drought tolerant and very adaptable to a wide variety of soil conditions, even soils that are heavy in clay, providing that the soils are well-draining.
Dig your hole in any area with full sun to partial shade (about 4 to 5 hours of sunlight daily) and make it twice as wide as the diameter and just as deep as the depth of the root ball. Place your tree in the center and gently backfill the soil until it halfway fills the hole. Water the planting site and allow the soil to settle.
2. Watering: Your Autumn will benefit from weekly watering until it becomes more established. The best way to water Autumn Purple Ash roots is by placing a garden hose with slow trickling water at the base of the tree for about 10 to 15 minutes.
3. Fertilizing: Fertilize your Autumn Purple Ash with a balanced fertilizer, such as 10-10-10. Apply the fertilizer according to the instructions on the packaging during the summer months.
4. Pruning: Your Autumn Purple Ash will benefit from some occasional pruning, which should be done in the early spring season. Remove any branches that overlap, grow upright or crisscross on the main trunk.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||50-70 ft.|
|Mature Width:||30-50 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Fraxinus americana 'Autumn Purple'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||3-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 3-9 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- cedar tree
Got the tree about a week after I ordered. Came in a long box neatly packaged. Planted the tree that day and two weeks later it has new limbs growing. Awesome.
Autumn Purple Ash Tree
We love our little tree so far! We planted it a few yards east of where the old cedar tree stood, so hopefully it will grow fast and we will live long enough to appreciate its beauty!!
Great, need to be planted and water quickly. Once in the ground the growth has been great. Highly recommend
Purple Ash Tree
The tree cam to me in good shape. It is in the ground right now. it has not had time to grow any yet.
Excellent customer service and great trees.