Growing Zones: 6-9 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉) 6-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 8 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 6 ft.
- Part Sun (4 hours minimum) or Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Cercis canadensis 'Whitewater'
- Does Not Ship To:
The Only Weeping, White Variegated Redbud
Why Whitewater Redbud Trees?
Vivid variegated foliage meets a graceful weeping habit, setting the Whitewater Redbud Tree apart from similar varieties. A newer introduction in the Redbud family, this eye-catching specimen lives up to its name with heart-shaped white and green leaves.
Vibrant blooms in tones of deep purple and rose emerge in spring, adding another layer of color to the Whitewater Redbud. Plus, because it's tolerant of urban pollution and inner-city environments, it can be planted almost anywhere...from driveway borders to streets and beyond.
And since it's so compact, it can even be trained as a shrub or hedge. When it comes to the Whitewater Redbud, you're not limited in growing...this unique variety can thrive in the tightest garden spaces.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Since they're so adaptable, dependable, and gorgeous, many people are fans of Redbuds...that can make the Redbud, particularly the Whitewater, hard to find.
But when you order your Whitewater Redbud from Fast Growing Trees, you get a reliable, proven performer with a well-developed root system and the promise of multi-layered color, year after year.
We’ve taken care to ensure that your Whitewater has the best head start on growth, so your tree is delivered with bigger, better branching for even more blooms...never bare-root like most other garden centers.
But don't wait...this one-of-a-kind variety will go quickly. Get your Whitewater Redbud Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Select an area with well-drained soil and full sun to partial sun (4 to 6 hours of direct sunlight with some afternoon shade).
Dig a hole twice as wide as the diameter and as deep as your tree’s root ball. Place your tree, backfill the soil, and water to settle the tree’s roots. Finally, spread 3 to 4 inches of mulch over the planting site to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: During the first year, water your tree about once or twice weekly. If you’re not sure when to water, check the surrounding soil to about 3 inches down. If the soil is dry here, it’s time to water your tree.
After the first year, your Redbud can thrive on rainfall alone, but we recommend that you continue to check the soil. Soil should remain moist about 3 inches down.
3. Fertilizing: In early spring, you can apply compost or a complete fertilizer, such as 5-10-5. Spread evenly around the root zone of the plant according to the label instructions.
4. Pruning: Prune any dead or damaged wood in late winter and remove any shoots that are growing from the bottom of the trunk.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|