* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||4-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4-15 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Picea abies 'Pendula'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||3-7 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 3-7 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉)
Dramatic Draping and Rustic Charm
Why Weeping Norway Spruce Trees?
Making an undeniable statement, the Weeping Norway Spruce Tree will be the centerpiece of your landscape.
The Weeping Norway Spruce is distinguished by low-growing, weeping branches. They trail outward, coated with dense, lush needles. When left alone, the branches hang down vertically, not unlike a green fountain. Plus, this spruce looks beautiful in all seasons, with shaggy, rustic bark.
This dramatic specimen is best used as an evergreen accent. The Weeping Spruce can be trained to grow along fences and walls, or allowed to grow naturally for a more organic, sprawling look. It creates a great contrast with surrounding plants.
The Weeping Norway Spruce thrives in colder regions and is highly resilient, adapting easily to almost any soil type in a sunny spot. It can be planted among rocks and gravel - and it's even pest- and disease-resistant.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
The best part about your Weeping Norway Spruce? Not only is it good-looking, adaptable and hardy, but it's also been carefully nurtured to ensure the best impact in your landscape.
We've done the hard work at our nursery, growing and caring for your Weeping Norway Spruce before it ships to you. Now, you reap the rewards, with a statement tree that will elevate your landscape.
Don't wait - get this unique evergreen for yourself. Order your Weeping Norway Spruce Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Avoid planting your Norway Spruce too close to sidewalks, buildings, or street right-of-ways. Also avoid planting the tree during extremely dry weather, and ensure it has at least six weeks to develop before the first frost of the season. If you need to wait to plant your tree, keep the roots constantly moist.
When you're ready to plant, dig a large hole twice as wide as the size of the Weeping Norway Spruce root ball and just as deep. Dampen the roots in preparation for planting and set the root ball into the hole, making sure the trunk is straight. Backfill the hole with a mixture of your native soil and some gardening soil. Mulch around the base of the spruce to keep weeds and grasses from growing around the planting site.
2. Watering: Generally, we recommend watering your Norway Spruce about once per week. During times of drought, additional watering may be needed.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Norway Spruce mild, slow-acting fertilizer tabs for the initial growing season and save stronger fertilizers for when the tree is established. Once the tree is established, feed it twice a month during early spring and once a month during the summer months.
4. Pruning: Your Weeping Norway Spruce can be allowed to grow naturally, or pruned or trained to control its shape. Prune Norway Spruce Trees in the late winter or early spring. For young trees, follow branch tips back until you find two branches growing to either side. Snip off the center branch growth. Doing this will encourage the side branches that remain to grow faster and to make the tree bushier. Cut the lowest rung of branches on the tree to force more height.
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5, & 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 2nd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 11th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 28th|
|Zones 6 - 11||Ships Now!|
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$179 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
Nice little tree
Arrived healthy, well packed, smaller in size than I expected for the price.