Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 4-5 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 3-4 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Year to Bear:
- Can Fruit the 1st Year!
- Botanical Name:
- Rubus fruticosus 'Triple Crown'
- Does Not Ship To:
Thornless, Organic Growth and Longer Harvests
Why USDA Organic Triple Crown Blackberry Plants?
Known for its thornless growth, huge berries and longer harvest season, the Triple Crown Blackberry is a favorite for at-home growth…and now, it’s organic and all-natural.
Imagine natural growth plus the benefits you love, like the Triple Crown’s month-long harvest season. These berries are ready to pick in late summer and are sweeter and larger than berries found in your local grocery store…you’ll get enough organic berries to last an entire year without the use of chemicals, and harvests are easy with the Triple Crown’s thornless growth.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
We've greenhouse-grown and nurtured your Triple Crown so that you get all-natural results, guaranteed USDA-certified organic. And because we’ve put in the extra work, your Triple Crown is already off to a strong start once it arrives at your door. Now, it’s ready to thrive, whether it’s planted in the ground or grown in a container on your patio or indoors.
No more visits to your local nursery to pick berries, and no need to pay organic prices at the supermarket.
The sweetest snack is just a click away – order your Triple Crown Blackberry for a lifetime of healthy, delicious berries!
Triple Crown Blackberry Plant - USDA Organic Pollination
Triple Crown Blackberry Plant - USDA Organics are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Triple Crown Blackberry Plant - USDA Organic will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Full sun (6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily) and well-drained soil are all the Triple Crown needs to thrive, outdoors or indoors.
If you’re planting outside, dig a hole large enough to accommodate the Triple Crown’s root ball, place your plant in the hole, backfill with soil and tamp down to avoid air pockets. Finally, mulch the surrounding area and water to settle the roots.
If you’re keeping your plant indoors, select a pot that’s about twice the width of your plant’s shipped container, use organic soil mix and place the plant in the pot. Also, ensure that your pot has drainage holes. After your Triple Crown is planted, place it in front of a sunny window.
2. Watering: Triple Crown Blackberries are heat and humidity tolerant but need an inch of water once a week. Generally, this means soaking the surrounding soil with your hose about once per week for 30 seconds.
If you’re not sure when to water, check the top 2 inches of soil for dryness for both in-ground and container-planted Blackberries. If the soil is dry here, it’s time to water. Container-planted Triple Crowns should be watered until the water flows from the pot’s drainage holes.
3. Fertilizing: Once you see leaves on your plant, you can add acidic organic fertilizer. When your Triple Crown is fully mature, use your organic fertilizer once a year in June and again in the fall if your harvest was smaller than expected.
4. Pruning: After you’ve harvested your blackberries, prune the canes that produced fruit. This will encourage new branching and fruiting the next season.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|