* Images shown are of mature plants
Fruity, Flavorful Smoothies in a Snap
There's nothing like a fresh smoothie on a hot summer’s day, first thing in the morning or after an intense workout. And now, you can make smoothies with your very own home-grown fruit! Our Smoothie Kit contains:
- One 1G Hass Avocado
- One 1 gallon Dwarf Cavendish Banana
- One 1-2 foot Glenn Mango
- One 1G Papaya Tree
Get your daily dose of fruit with these favorites that are perfect for throwing in any sweet smoothie. The Hass Avocado is the most popular avocado on the market, with its vibrant green color and creamy flesh - it's perfect for adding texture and healthy fats to smoothies and more.
Whatever your favorite smoothie recipe, with these trees and the right conditions, you'll get tons of healthy, delicious fruit.
Our brand-new Smoothie Kit has everything you need to make the smoothies you love, with home-grown, nutritious ingredients. Grab yours today!
Create a quick and tasty, tropical smoothie by combining the fruit in your kit with a few additional ingredients. Try freezing your bananas to make your smoothie extra icy and thick. Mix in your fresh mango, papaya and avocado with milk (or substitute) and any desired sweeteners like honey. Blend it all up, pour, and enjoy! It’s as easy as that.
Smoothie Kit Pollination
All of the plants in the Smoothie Kit are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one of each plant. However, adding an additional avocado, banana, mango or papaya will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting & Watering: Since all of the fruits in our all-in-one Smoothie Kit are tropical varieties, they prefer being planted (indoors and out) in locations with plenty of sun and humidity, with regular watering. For all of these plants, check the topsoil to keep it moist but not oversaturated.
- Prune the Hass Avocado Tree lightly in the spring when damaged branches appear.
- Nip flowers that bloom on the Dwarf Cavendish Banana to encourage larger banana growth.
- Pruning the branches of your Glenn Mango and Papaya trees right after the harvest will encourage more fruit production. Prune new shoots when they reach about 20 inches. Do this several times the first growing season, and 2 to 3 times during the next couple of growing seasons. Put on gloves and safety glasses before pruning your Papaya tree, since the sap of the Papaya may cause skin irritation.
- Fertilize the Hass Avocado Tree at the end of each season with a well-balanced fertilizer.
- The Dwarf Cavendish Banana Tree can be fertilized with compost or organic material.
- The Glenn Mango thrives best with natural, organic fertilizer with mycorrhizal fungi and beneficial bacteria. Potted Mango trees will benefit from a balanced fertilizer formula such as a 10-10-10 while actively growing. Mango trees planted in the ground are excellent at taking up nutrients, so they need very little, if any, fertilizer.
- The Papaya Tree will grow best with monthly applications of nitrogen fertilizers.
4. Pollination: All of the superfruits in our all-in-one Smoothie Kit are self-fertile, so they will produce fruit on their own. However, planting more than one of each will drastically increase the size of your yield.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Sunlight:||Full Sun to Partial Sun|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Persea americana 'Hass'; Musa acuminata; Mangifera indica 'Glenn'; Carica papaya 'Red Lady'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|