Growing Zones: 3-9 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉) 3-9 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 15-20 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 5-10 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Does Not Ship To:
Don't Buy Bare-Root Trees (learn why below)
A Stunning Tree That's Nearly Indestructible
The Ginkgo Tree is often called a living fossil, having been around for over 200 million years…
Cared for by Chinese monks, the Ginkgo Tree has been nurtured and loved for centuries.
That's why it's one of the hardiest and most adaptable trees you can purchase.
And the Sky Tower Ginkgo gives you all of these benefits in a compact and dense tree that only grows to 15-20 ft. tall and 5-10 ft. wide.
· Totally adaptable - will grow in any soil or environmental condition including salty, polluted air and poor soil.
· Extremely hardy - tolerant of the heat of zone 9 and the cold of zone 3 all the way down to -30F
· Zero maintenance - plant your tree and then just watch it grow… there's seriously nothing else to it and no diseases or pests to worry about.
While the hardiness and durability is definitely something to brag about, the standout feature is really how gorgeous this tree is.
The fan-shaped leaves grow in a tight formation around this conical tree…
with a stunning deep green in the spring and an outstanding fall display of bright, mesmerizing yellow.
Whether you create a captivating display in your small yard with a single tree or add a row of Ginkgos to your expansive landscape…
You and your neighbors will be enchanted by this gorgeous tree that will live for hundreds of years.
Customer Reviews & Photos
Order was processed quickly and tree arrived within the week. Instructions were clear and the tree 2as well-packaged for protection. After planting, we received a good deal of rain, and the tree so far seems to be adapting well to it’s new environment.
HEALTHY SKY TOWER
THE TREE WAS A GOOD HEIGHT AND HAD A SOUND TRUNK. THE LEAVES WERE GREEN AND LIVELY. PRODUCT WAS RECEIVED IN A SHORT WINDOW, AND WAS IN GOOD CONDITION.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Start by digging your planting hole at least three times as wide and as deep as the root ball. Well-drained soil and full sun (6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily) are best for your tree.
To plant, set your tree in the planting hole so that the top edge of the root ball is at ground level. If necessary, add some backfill soil mixture to the bottom of the hole to achieve proper planting height.
After setting your tree in the planting hole, use one hand to hold the tree straight and your other hand to begin backfilling your soil mixture around the root ball, tamping as you go to remove air pockets. Finally, water the area and apply a 2-inch layer of shredded or chipped wood mulch.
2. Watering: When established, Ginkgos are drought tolerant. However, you can water weekly during extended dry periods or extreme summer heat. If you're not sure when to water, simply check your surrounding soil about 3 inches down.
FGT Tip: If you see leaves wilting, turning yellow, or dropping from the tree during a summer drought, these symptoms are an indicator your tree could use more water.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your young Ginkgo Tree before new leaves emerge in late winter or early spring. Use a slow-release shrub and tree type fertilizer and follow label instructions.
4. Pruning: Gingko Trees do not require pruning, but if you'd like to prune for shaping, it's best to do so during the summer.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$99+||FREE SHIPPING with code SHIP99|