* Images shown are of mature plants
Up to Seven Months of Highly Fragrant Tropical Blooms
Why Plumeria Plants?
Plumerias steal the show from April all the way into November with their clusters of large five-petal blossoms. The blooms’ colorful hues contrast perfectly with the Plumeria’s lush, dark green leaves, transforming your landscape into a tropical paradise.
Plumerias, also known as Frangipani or the ‘lei flower’, are native to tropical areas like Hawaii…but you don’t have to live in a tropical climate to grow them. If you don’t live in southern Florida, simply place these Hawaiian plants in a container and bring it indoors in the colder months. Plumerias are tough, with a high level of drought and heat resistance and high salt tolerance. This makes them perfect for any location, including apartment terraces or suburban patios.
You'll receive an assorted color variety when you order your Plumeria. And though your Plumeria’s eventual color will vary, you get vibrancy and versatility, whether you grow it in border plantings along your driveway or in a container on your patio. Plus, its gardenia-like fragrance is ideal for high-traffic areas.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
The exotic Plumeria can be difficult to find in garden centers. But when you order from Fast Growing Trees, you’ll not only get the island color of the Plumeria…but you’ll also get healthy, better-developed roots. Since we’ve planted, grown and shipped your Plumeria with meticulous care, you get a stunning yet hassle-free plant that’s ready to thrive in your homescape.
In fact, when you buy our larger sizes, you can get the explosive color that makes the Plumeria famous as soon as the first season.
Get the exotic beauty of the bright, fragrant Plumeria in your home. These plants sell fast – order your Plumeria today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location with well-drained soil and full to partial sunlight (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). Dig a hole for your Plumeria that’s large enough to accommodate the root ball. Remove your plant from its original container, position it into the hole, and backfill the soil.
If you’re planting in a container, choose a pot that’s about twice the width of your plant’s shipped container, use organic soil mix and place your plant. Also, ensure your pot has drainage holes.
2. Watering: The Plumeria is a drought-tolerant plant but requires a deep watering about once a week. We recommend watering these plants in the morning, at the base.
If you’re not sure when to water or have a container planted Plumeria, simply check the top 2 inches of soil for dryness. If the soil is dry here, it’s time to water. Water your container planted Plumerias until you see it flowing from the drainage holes.
3. Fertilizing: Apply a slow-release fertilizer once a year in early spring, before new growth emerges. Follow up by watering the surrounding soil to allow the fertilizer to penetrate into the roots. Be sure to follow the application instructions on the fertilizer.
4. Pruning: Minimal pruning is needed for these plants. Any broken branches can be pruned back in spring before new growth begins.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||5-10 ft.|
|Mature Width:||3-5 ft.|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-9 patio / 10-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|