Growing Zones: 3-8 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉)
This plant may not thrive in your area
- Mature Height:
- 6-8 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 4-5 ft.
- Part Shade/Part Sun (Zones 7-8) Full Sun (Zones 4-6)
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Hydrangea paniculata 'Limelight'
- Does Not Ship To:
The Dwarf Tree with Giant Blooms
Why Limelight Hydrangea Trees?
Nothing says summer like huge, colorful blooms on a small tree. That's exactly what the Limelight Hydrangea delivers season after season. But not just any blooms: The Limelight's floral display gets started early, in an eye-popping show sure to beautify your garden.
Pastel-like colors of pink, green and blue give way to white blooms later in the season. The large, puffy flowers pack the dwarf's branches the whole summer. Its reputation for ravishing blooms has thrust this little-but-fierce tree into the limelight the past few years, earning the 'best performer' title from many enthusiasts.
Whether the Limelight Hydrangea Tree is planted in a container, on the patio or in the garden, it offers the perfect accent to practically any planting location. Plus, you can bring some of the Limelight's freshness indoors by creating colorful flower arrangements that will brighten any room. Dry and preserve some of your favorite blooms to keep them on hand after season's end - it's the perfect way to keep summer alive.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Best of all? It's a healthy specimen that's resistant to most diseases and pests and tolerant to drought. Whether you're out in the country or on a city block, the Limelight Hydrangea will adapt to almost any setting and always steals the show.
That's because we've nurtured your Limelight from day one, long before it even ships to your door. Other nurseries (if they even offer this unique specimen) stock bare-root varieties. But your Limelight is delivered with healthy roots in nutrient-rich soil.
A popular favorite because of its compact size, beauty, and magnificent floral production, the Limelight Hydrangea Tree goes fast. Get yours today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
They came fast and in good shape. They started budding this week...two weeks after planting.
Overall, excellent!! Last two hydrangea trees received 02/03/2020 had very small roots. I planted them and will wait to see how they do this Spring.
Please let us know if there are any issues and we'll be more than happy to help!
So far so good. Arrived as per regular mail messages. Now looking forward to the beautiful blooms that I know this tree can provide. Thank you Fast Growing Trees
I forgot to add photos. I love that these looked amazing during the heat of our Missouri summer. The photos were taken in July, the first year after planting them the previous August. The photo might make it look like it is planted in a container, but ours is planted in the ground. They seem to be pretty low maintenance, which I love.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Filtered shade with 4 to 6 hours of sun is ideal for the best performance as far as sun exposure goes, and well-drained soil is important. When you're ready to plant, dig a hole twice the size and just as deep as the root ball. Hold the tree straight as you begin to backfill, tamping down the soil as you go. Apply water to settle the soil and remove the air pockets then mulch to retain soil moisture.
2. Watering: Provide a good soaking of the soil 2 to 3 times each week. If you're not sure when to water, however, simply check your soil about 2 inches down - if the soil is dry here, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Apply a slow-release, balanced fertilizer formula, like 10-10-10 or 16-16-16, and follow the application instructions on the label.
4. Pruning: Prune your Limelight Hydrangea Tree in fall or spring, before new growth emerges. You can also remove any dead or diseased areas during the year, as needed.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$99.00 +||FREE SHIPPING with code FREE99|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 - 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 4th|
|Zone 5||Week of April 13th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 30th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|