* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
One of the Cold-Hardiest Lemon Trees Available
Why Harvey Lemon Trees?
If you're looking for a great-tasting home-grown lemon but live in a colder climate, look no further than the Harvey Lemon Tree. Combining the great benefits of other varieties with the extra perk of cold hardiness, the Harvey Lemon Tree has it all.
It's perfect for nearly any culinary use - but it's much hardier than similar lemon varieties. That means you get tasty, tart treats of your own, from your own backyard, without any guesswork in growing.
The Harvey Lemon Tree can withstand freezing temperatures all the way down to 20 degrees - some gardeners have even reported cold hardiness down to 15-16 degrees. It also resists common lemon tree diseases. Plus, because it's nearly seedless and has a high juice content, it's ideal for making from-scratch lemonade.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
With your Harvey Lemon Tree, not only will you get home-grown lemons as soon as the first season - you'll also get the promise of consistent growth, year after year. We’ve grafted, greenhouse-grown and nurtured your Harvey Lemon so that you get a proven performer in your homescape.
Your Harvey Lemon Tree is grown and cared for months before it ships to you. Now, you get hardy growth, fast fruiting, and reliable flavor each season. Don't wait - get your own Harvey Lemon Tree today!
NOTE: This product is specific to Florida. Find Harvey Lemon Trees available in other states.
Harvey Lemon Tree Pollination
Harvey Lemon Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Harvey Lemon Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location where your tree is going to get plenty of sunlight - 6-8 hours per day is best. Harvey Lemons can tolerate some shade but thrive in full sun.
Whether you plant in a container or in the ground, ensure you also have well-drained soil for your Harvey Lemon Tree.
When you're ready to plant, dig a hole twice as wide and just as deep as the root system. Place the tree in the hole and backfill it, tamping the soil down as you backfill the hole to cut back on any pockets from forming.
After planting, be sure to give your Harvey Lemon a deep watering for about 5 minutes. Mulching around the tree will help insulate the roots and keep your plant warm in the colder winter months as well.
If you're container-planting, select a container that's about twice the width of your plant's shipped container, use organic soil, place your tree in its pot, and choose an area in front of a sunny window for your Harvey Lemon.
2. Watering: After watering about once or twice weekly, allow the top 2 to 3 inches of the soil to dry out completely before watering again.
For potted Harvey Lemon Trees, stick your index finger into the soil down to about 2 inches. If there is moisture present, hold off on watering until it feels drier at that depth, and when you do water, stop once you see it escaping the drainage holes at the base.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Harvey Lemon Tree during the warmer spring and summer seasons with a citrus specific fertilizer, once every six weeks. During the fall and winter season, ease back to fertilizing once every 2 to 3 months.
4. Pruning: Make 45-degree angle cuts to remove dead or crossing limbs and also to thin out the tree. After the tree fruits, remove any dead wood and ventilate the center of the tree. Remove suckers as they form/grow from the base.
5. Pollination: You can pollinate your indoor trees by hand, taking a small, dry, fine-tipped paintbrush and stick it into the center of the bloom. Swirl it around and collect the pollen on the brush, go to the next bloom and repeat the process until every bloom has been treated. Do this once daily and don’t wash the paintbrush until after the blooms have been pollinated.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||12-14 ft. Unpruned|
|Mature Width:||8-10 ft.|
|Harvest Time:||September - March|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Citrus limon 'Harvey'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AL,AZ,CA,GA,LA,OR,TX|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|