* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Blue-Green Shrub Blossoms with Magenta Flowers
If you’re looking for an unique, dependable shrub, look no further than the Green Cloud Texas Sage. From spring through fall, the plant sprouts delicate pink-purple flowers, especially after heavy rains.
At full bloom, the flowers cover the plant from top to bottom, attracting plenty of pollinators! They beautifully contrast the evergreen grayish leaves. What’s more, the shrub reaches seven feet tall and wide at maturity, making it an ideal addition to areas in your landscaping that require a larger shrub or privacy hedge.
Native to the Chihuahuan Desert and Rio Grande plains, Green Cloud is among a group of plants known as Texas Rangers. Like others in this family, the sage appreciates full sun and can withstand cold and drought. However, it also does well in tropical areas. Its flowers grow most robustly during the high humidity of the rainy seasons.
Some gardeners even plant several to create a hedge, especially since regular pruning causes the Green Cloud Texas Sage to grow more densely. The plant is easily pruned, but if left untrimmed, it grows into a shape similar to lavender.
Our Green Cloud Texas Sage is the vibrant, easy-grow shrub you’ve been waiting for. Order yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant in full sunlight; otherwise, the Green Cloud Texas Sage will grow “leggy,” producing long stems with only a few leaves at the top. Also choose a spot with well-draining, alkaline soil, as the plant prefers dry to average soil, and can whither in too much standing water.
2. Watering: Deeply water the plant once a month and let it dry out between watering. Overwatering can lead to root rot.
3. Pruning: Prune in late winter before the shrub starts to flower. Using a hand cutter, trim less than a third of the top growth. The spikier the plant, the more flowers it will produce.
4. Fertilizing: Do not fertilize after planting; this plant prefers poor-quality soil.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||5-7 ft.|
|Mature Width:||5-7 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Leucophyllum frutescens 'Green Cloud'|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|