* Images shown are of mature plants
Hardy Flowering Shrub for Carefree Color
The San Antonio Rose Texas Sage is a hardy Southwest native shrub that thrives in heat and drought. This low maintenance plant is perfect for those hot and sunny locations that need a pop of color.
The leaves and branches of this plant, also called the San Antonio Rose Texas Ranger, are the perfect, silvery backdrop for the its vibrant purple blooms. The flowers appear in the spring and last all summer long—plus, their fragrance will attract lots of friendly pollinators!
Ideal for borders, hedges or mass plantings, the San Antonio Rose Texas Ranger can be easily trimmed to maintain a certain shape. Or, without pruning, you can allow it to spread with its naturally dense growth. Both drought tolerant and heat resistant, this shrub can effortlessly withstand to dry and arid climates.
San Antonio Rose Texas Sage is truly a unique addition to any landscape, but would fit right in with rustic, whimsical, cottage, or desert landscape styles. Good companions to plant alongside this shrub could be: hydrangeas, azaleas, or ornamental grasses.
Get spring-to-summer, easy-grow blooms without the hassle. Order your San Antonio Rose Texas Ranger today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant your San Antonio Rose Texas Ranger in a location that receives 6+ hours of direct sunlight per day. When planting, dig a hole that is a little wider than the container the plant was shipped in and approximately the same depth. Remove the shipping container, loosen the roots, and place the plant in the hole. Backfill the dirt and water immediately to help settle the soil.
2. Watering: Immediately after planting, water deeply. Continue watering as needed until the plant is well established (but allow the soil to dry out between waterings). Once established, you may only water when the soil becomes dry more than 2 inches down.
3. Pruning: Prune in late winter before the shrub starts to flower. Using a hand cutter, trim less than a third of the top growth. The spikier the plant, the more flowers it will produce.
4. Fertilizing: Do not fertilize after planting; this plant prefers poor-quality soil.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||4-5 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4-5 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Leucophyllum frutescens 'San Antonio Rose'|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|