* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Gala Apple Tree CareView Full Planting & Care Instructions
Sunlight Gala Apples thrive in full sun, so make sure you plant in a spot that receives at least 6 hours of direct sunlight each day.
Watering Water regularly each week when the soil gets dry 2-3 inches down. Make sure to water more often if the tree is potted or there is a period of drought.
Fertilizing Follow label instructions on an apple-specific fertilizer, usually applying several times from April until August.
Enjoy Crisp Gala Apples Sooner
Why Gala Apple Trees?
One of the country's most popular apple varieties, the Gala Apple Tree produces years earlier than other trees. And since it’s low-maintenance, it’s simple to get delicious harvests all your own.
Plus, our Gala can be grown organically. Because Galas don’t have serious pest or disease issues, you’ll get 6 to 12 bushels of Galas when mature and established, with mimimal effort or harsh chemicals. Imagine the sweet, robust taste of Gala Apples from your own garden – along with their crisp, firm texture and hardy strength. You can snack on them right off the branches, use them for baking or even store them for up to six months.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Our Gala Apple Trees are pruned back and trained to develop a massive branching structure. This process means more work and an extra year for us, but the difference you experience is dramatic.
Don't wait several years to start picking your Gala apples - plant a more developed tree for earlier fruit and a lifetime of apples with our Gala Apple Tree!
Gala Apple Tree Pollination
Gala Apple Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional pollinator will drastically increase the size of your crop. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, choose a location with full sun, which means at least six hours of direct sunlight each day. Well-drained soil is essential, but our Gala Apple Tree adapts to most soil types. Once you've selected your location, dig a hole that's twice the width of the root ball and just as deep. Then, place your tree, tamp down the surrounding soil and water to settle the roots. Finally, mulch around the tree for best results.
*Tip: Make sure your mulch is not touching the base of the trunk.
2. Watering: Your Gala Apple will benefit from a regular watering schedule each week. You may need to water more often in times of extreme heat or drought. But if you're not sure when to water, simply check the surrounding soil, down to about 2 inches. If it's dry here, it's time to water.
3. Fertilizing: It's best to fertilize in late winter or early spring. As an alternative, you can buy commercial fertilizer produced for fruiting trees and follow the instructions.
4. Pruning: Once your tree has become established and is starting to bear fruit, it will need some periodic, moderate pruning. Only prune the tree during times of dormancy, making sure to remove any vigorous, upright stems which are quite common in the upper portion of the tree. Weak, damaged, or dead branches should also be removed for even better performance. If you want to keep your apple at a smaller height simply prune yearly to encourage horizontal growth for easy apple harvesting.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||15-30 ft.|
|Mature Width:||10-20 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||1-3 years|
|Botanical Name:||Malus domestica 'Gala'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,ID,OR,WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- cardboard container
- apple tree
Great condition - tall and well packaged
Solid tree - healthy and in good condition
It arrived in excellent condition and is doing great!
Not sure yet.....
It arrived on time, and packed well.... the jury is still out if it will produce anything....I guess it is in a dormant state?...hopefully will see some leaves and fruit in the next few months....
Fanatic and looks good
Apple Tree As Described!
The apple tree arrived on our doorstep in a strong cardboard container. It was packaged in a pot with instructions on planting and nourishing the tree. We look forward to enjoying growing apples!