* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Golden Delicious Apple Tree CareView Full Planting & Care Instructions
Sunlight Golden Delicious Apples thrive in full sun, so make sure you plant in a spot that receives at least 6 hours of direct sunlight each day.
Watering Water regularly each week when the soil gets dry 2-3 inches down. Make sure to water more often if the tree is potted or there is a period of drought.
Fertilizing Follow label instructions on an apple-specific fertilizer, usually applying several times from April until August.
Get Sweet, Delicious Apples...Without the Wait
Why Golden Delicious Apple Trees?
With our Golden Delicious, you’ll get low-maintenance fruit, right in your own backyard in record time. The Golden Delicious is one of the country’s most popular apples, and for good reason: Each bite of a Golden Delicious Apple is extra juicy and sweet.
Plus, our Golden Delicious Apple Tree is disease resistant, so not only is it an ultra-fast producer…it’s easy to grow without the aid of pesticides, too. Low chill requirements mean that you can experience apples even in warmer climates.These apples don’t have a trace of bitter flavor, so they’re perfect for cooking, baking or even picking and eating right off the branch.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Golden Delicious Trees shipped from our nursery are pruned back and trained to develop an advanced branching structure. This process means more work and an extra year for us, but the difference you experience is dramatic: Faster, fresher fruit, consistent in size, color, shape and flavor from season to season.
Don’t wait – our Golden Delicious Apple Trees are in high demand for their amazing benefits and robust, delicious fruit. Get your own Golden Delicious today!
Golden Delicious Apple Tree Pollination
Golden Delicious Apple Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional pollinator will drastically increase the size of your crop. Below are the most effective pollinators we have chosen for your area...
Planting & Care
1. Planting: For best results, find a location with well-drained soil and full sun - about 6 hours of sunlight per day. Once you've selected a location, dig a hole that's twice the width of the root ball and just as deep. Then, place your tree, back fill and tamp down the soil, and water to settle the soil. Finally, mulch to retain moisture.
*Tip: Make sure your mulch is not touching the base of the trunk.
2. Watering: Your Golden Delicious Apple will benefit from a regular watering each week, though you may have to water more during times of drought. If you're not sure when to water, simply check the soil down to a depth of about 2 or 3 inches - if it's dry here, it's time to water.
3. Pruning: Once your tree has become established and is starting to bear fruit, it will need some periodic, moderate pruning. Only prune the tree during times of dormancy, making sure to remove any vigorous, upright stems and weak, damaged or dead branches.
4. Fertilizer: Use an all purpose fruit tree fertilizer or mix in some compost to feed and support your tree. Follow product instructions for use.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||8-15 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-15 ft.|
|Harvest Time:||September - October|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st Year!|
|Botanical Name:||Malus domestica 'Golden Delicious'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, ID, OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-9 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
Beautiful healthy tree
Great selection, fast and well protected delivery of tree and a lovely healthy tree. Thank you