Growing Zones: 5-8 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉) 5-8 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 2-4 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 2-4 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Buxus sempervirens 'Suffruticosa'
- Does Not Ship To:
- AZ, TN
Best All-Around Boxwood
Why English Boxwood Shrubs?
Also known as the True Dwarf Boxwood, the versatile English Boxwood Shrub is the most popular and widely grown cultivar of all the boxwood shrubs. Because of its slow-growing nature, this shrub remains low and compact, presenting a wide range of uses for any landscaping design. This dense shrub's shape is naturally rounded and is surprisingly soft to the touch, too.
Plus, it's super versatile. English Boxwoods respond well to pruning and can be sheared into any desired form, including topiaries and even bonsai art. This low-growing hedge is ideal for edging and borders along pathways or around flower beds and can be grown in a container for deck or patio décor.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Elegant style and grace combined with Boxwood's hardy, resilient and trouble-free nature make this shrub the best choice for homes and gardens. And once established, it needs little water to keep it happy.
But the best part? We've planted, grown and nurtured our English Boxwood Shrubs for top results. Now, you reap the rewards of our hard work at the nursery because you'll get a healthy, happy and well-rooted Boxwood Shrub delivered right to your door...no trip to big box required.
Just imagine all the ways you can grow this shrub - and you can get started quickly. Order today for your own English Boxwood!
Customer Reviews & Photos
These (10) shrubs all arrived in great condition, very well packaged.
The box woods were packed nicely and in excellent shape. I highly recommend this product and this company.
The English boxwoods are beautiful and have taken to their new homes quite nicely
Beautiful shrub! Healthy arrived quickly!
The boxwoods were very fresh and healthy! I got two last fall and they did great so I got 5 more and very pleased with them
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location where your English Boxwood will receive full or partial sunlight (4 to 8 hours of sunlight per day). If you live in an area that gets very hot, they will do best with some afternoon shade and well-drained soil.
When you're ready, dig a hole the same depth as the root ball and twice as wide. Place the Boxwood upright into the hole ensuring it is straight and begin to back fill the hole, watering every couple inches to prevent air pockets from forming. Finally, to help retain moisture in the soil and deter weed growth, apply a 2- to 3-inch deep layer of mulch around the base of the Boxwood, extending 12 inches past the foliage.
2. Watering: Water the English Boxwood deeply to ensure the roots are getting adequate moisture (generally one or two waterings per week will suffice). Once it has established, it will need a weekly watering during periods of drought or extreme heat.
3. Fertilizing: Apply a balanced shrub fertilizer formula such as 10-10-10 in spring, before new growth emerges.
4. Pruning: These plants are slow growers, so if left unpruned, they will grow into neat tufts of green naturally. However, they can be pruned into any shape - pruning should be done after the last frost for the season so that no new growth is damaged by frost.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|