* Images shown are of mature plants
Durable Evergreen Grows Nearly Anywhere
Why Eastern Red Cedar Trees?
Eastern Red Cedar Trees reliably grow almost anywhere in the country. In fact, they can handle the cold up north and heat in the south. They stand up to a variety of different extreme weather conditions, from ice and snow to heat waves and droughts.
And their thick foliage and large mature height make them the perfect candidate for privacy trees. They'll block out noisy neighbors and the bustling city life to turn your yard into your own relaxing private getaway. They also make for perfect wind and noise screens. Use them to line your driveway so they'll prevent snow from blowing in and building up, or block out the noise created by traffic.
Deep green foliage grows on a pyramidal shape, creating a stunning, elegant evergreen look that will amaze your guests and neighbors all year. The Eastern Red Cedar's thick foliage creates a shelter for wildlife during unpleasant weather conditions. In the winter, small blue-hued berries emerge from these trees, attracting birds.
Even better? Eastern Red Cedar Trees have a naturally sweet woodsy scent that repels pests. Many people clip a few branches and use them for a natural bug repellent indoors, and as decorative accents during the holidays.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
You won’t find a healthier, better developed Eastern Red Cedar Tree at your local garden center...if you can even find one. We’ve planted, grown and shipped your Red Cedar with meticulous care, so you get a hassle-free tree that’s ready to thrive in your landscape.
In fact, when you buy our larger sizes, you can get privacy as the first season in your landscape.
And unlike other retailers, we never ship bare-root. Your Eastern Red Cedar arrives at your door in nutrient-rich soil, ready to thrive as soon as it's planted. The only work for you is picking the perfect spot!
Due to the variety of different uses for this tree, as well as its unmatched beauty, it sells out fast. We recommend ordering your Eastern Red Cedar today...before they're gone!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Eastern Red Cedar Trees are full sun lovers that require at least 6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily. They also prefer moist soil, though they can tolerate dry conditions and most soil types.
Dig a hole that is twice as big around as your shipped container and just as deep. Remove your tree from the container and gently comb the roots to loosen the roots. Place the tree in the hole, ensuring that the root ball is level. Backfill the hole and cover the area with mulch to help protect the roots.
2. Watering: Eastern Red Cedar Trees can tolerate moist soil but do like to dry out some while establishing. Water when the soil is dry about 2 inches down - the timing will vary depending on climate and conditions.
3. Fertilizing: Eastern Reds do not need regular fertilization. You can fertilize the first spring to give them a boost - an evergreen-specific fertilizer is ideal.
4. Pruning: Eastern Red Cedars need little, if any, pruning. You can prune to maintain size and shape, but regular pruning is not required.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||30-60 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-25 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Juniperus Virginiana|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|