* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Thuja occidentalis 'Degroot's Spire'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||3-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 3-8 outdoors(hardy down to -30℉)
Purple-Tinged Winter Foliage on a Pyramidal Form
Why Degroot's Spire Thuja Arborvitae Trees?
Purple-tinged winter foliage meets a sleek, narrow pyramidal form, setting the Degroot's Spire Thuja apart from similar varieties.
Looking for eye-catching height without sacrificing a ton of space in your landscape? Look no further than the Degroot's Spire Arborvitae. Its twist-like texture grows naturally into a slim form and takes on shearing well, so you can shape it any way you like. Plus, its tailored evergreen silhouette is perfect for windbreaks, planting between buildings, driveway borders, and beyond.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Your Degroot's Spire Thuja has an exceptionally firm and extensive root system because we’ve planted and grown it at our nursery before shipping it to your door. Now, with optimal care, you can expect your hardy, reliable Degroot's Spire Thuja to last season after season.
And compared to similar varieties, your mature Degroot's Spire Thuja has better color retention and density. That means you’ll get the benefits of looks, strength, longevity, and more with your new Thuja Spire – order yours now!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a planting location in full sun to partial sunlight (4 to 6 hours of sunlight per day).
Dig a hole twice the diameter of the tree's root system. Spread the tree's roots gently out in the hole. Fill the hole in with a mixture of soil and organic matter such as compost. The top of the root system should be level with the ground. Tamp the soil down around the shrub’s roots to remove any air pockets.
Spread a three-inch layer of mulch such as bark chips, pine needles, or peat moss beneath the shrub to help the soil retain water and also keep weeds away from the shrub.
2. Watering: Keep the soil moist but not overly waterlogged around your tree. During the hotter months, you should water once a week unless you have received any rain. After the summer season, your normal rainfall should be sufficient unless there is an extended period of drought.
3. Fertilizing: The Degroot's Thuja benefits from an annual springtime application of general-purpose, balanced lawn fertilizer. Follow the instructions on the fertilizer for application ratios.
4. Pruning: To shape your tree, you can shear it in the late winter to early spring months.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
- planting instructions
Great trees and fast shipping
They arrived on time and in perfect condition. I followed the easy planting instructions and they all have taken root nicely. Great service, great price !
planting instructions were great.
Arrived healthy. Beautiful. Great addition to our garden.