* Images shown are of mature plants
A Sweet Shrub for Any Space
With its dense cover, glossy foliage, and fragrant flowers that give way to bright berries in the summer, this attractive evergreen is the perfect addition to any landscape!
Chindo Sweet Viburnum is a tall shrub that grows in a pyramidal form with dense coverage. It’s the perfect natural privacy screen, and functions well as a large accent planting.
Chindo Sweet Viburnum has dense, toothed leaves that are dark green in color and can feature burgundy tips. In the spring, the Chindo blooms with clusters of fragrant white flowers, followed by red berries in the summer and fall.SKU
Even better? The Chindo Sweet Viburnum shrub is an easy-care, low-maintenance evergreen. It's happiest in full or partial sun and does best with weekly watering - but it’s fast-growing, drought-tolerant and very hardy!
The Chindo Viburnum brings color, dense coverage and privacy all year round, adding elegance to any landscape. It provides a decorative touch and pop of color as it flowers from buds to berries throughout the seasons. And as an added bonus, the Chindo Sweet Viburnum attracts pollinators and birds. It’s perfect for your very own wildlife garden!
Grab a few of these "sweet" shrubs today, and you’ll be singing its praises!
The biggest benefit of your Chindo Sweet Viburnum? We’ve hand-selected it for the best results. Our plant specialists chose this variety for its strong, proven performance – and you'll see the evidence in your landscape.
Plus, our Chindo Sweet Viburnum shrubs are planted in nutrient-rich soil and carefully nurtured before they ship to your door. That means you get shrubs that are ready to thrive on day one.
Don't wait - this eye-catching shrub will sell out quickly. Order yours today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, select a location with well-drained soil and full sun to partial shade – any area with 4 to 8 hours of sunlight and some dappled shade is perfect.
When you’re ready to plant, dig a hole that’s about one and a half to two times the size of your plant’s root ball, place your Chindo Sweet Viburnum in the hole, backfill the soil and water to settle the roots. Mulching around the planting area is also beneficial to lock in moisture during the first few growing seasons.
2. Watering: Once established, your Viburnum is drought-tolerant, but it’s important to have a regular watering schedule for the first few growing seasons. Water about once weekly or check the surrounding soil. If the surrounding soil is dry 3 inches down, it’s time to water your plant.
3. Fertilizing: Apply a well-balanced, slow-release fertilizer in early spring.
4. Pruning: If you want to shape your Viburnum, prune in late winter or early spring.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $49||$19.95|
|$49 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||12 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Viburnum awabuki 'Chindo'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,OR|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|