* Images shown are of mature plants
The 'Blueberry Glaze™' Ornamental Shrub is a TRUE WINNER! It received the '2014' GREEN THUMB AWARD and no plant has been more deserving of this honor.
The 'Blueberry Glaze™' can be grown in pots or in-ground; It is the perfect choice for hedges and borders. It is similar in size and density to the versatile Boxwood and can be planted in groups to add a visual 'pop' to any spot in your landscape. This lovely, compact plant can be trimmed to ANY SHAPE, produces lots of EDIBLE BERRIES -- AND it's easy to grow -- Can You Say AMAZING!
The leaves of the 'Blueberry Glaze™' are glossy green in the spring and summer; In the fall, they will gradually turn to a brilliant dark burgundy in fall. Your springtime show, is flowering clusters of pink and white 'bell-like' flowers and in the summer, you will enjoy seeing your berries transition from green to red and finally to a deep, dark, 'almost black' blue before they are ready to eat.
Your plant will produce new flower stems each spring and you can greatly increase your next harvest, by simply removing the old berry canes at the end each season.
Your 'Blueberry Glaze™' will produce an abundance of delicious blueberries, packed full of health-promoting antioxidants. Its' berries taste so much like berries picked in the wild that you will have to do a 'Double-Take'! If you hadn't grown them yourself, you would never believe that these scrumptious berries came from your little plant!
- Easy to Grow
- 2014 - 'GREEN THUMB AWARD' Winner
- Edible Berries
- Attracts Hummingbirds
- Great for Decorative Pots (16' or larger)
- Easily Shaped (great for Borders or Hedges)
- Great for Patios or Decks
- Full of Antioxidants
The 'Blueberry Glaze™' is sure to be a Quick Seller . . . Don't Miss Out!
Bushel and Berry® Blueberry Glaze™ Blueberry Bush Pollination
Bushel and Berry® Blueberry Glaze™ Blueberry Bushs are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Bushel and Berry® Blueberry Glaze™ Blueberry Bush will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Dig a hole with the shovel that is about twice the size of the root ball of the bush. Make sure the hole is the same depth as the container it comes in. When planting more than one blueberry bush, dig holes that are at least five feet apart in rows that are 10 feet apart. Amend the soil from the hole with peat moss. Make sure to thoroughly mix the peat moss with the soil from the hole. Place the Blueberry bush in the hole. Cover the roots with soil-peat moss mix.
2. Watering: Your blueberry bushes will need to be watered regularly to make certain that the root system becomes well established. The soil surrounding your tree should be moist but never saturated. Light green leaves can be a sign of overwatering, while drooping leaves can be a sign of both over or under-watering.
3. Fertilizing: You do not need to fertilize the Blueberry bush at the time of planting. Fertilize the Blueberry bush twice a year, once in the spring and once after harvest.
4. Pruning: Blueberries require only minimal pruning. Lower limbs can be thinned out to keep the fruit from touching the soil, and excessively vigorous upright shoots can be thinned out several feet from the ground to keep the center of the bush open and to keep the bearing surface within reach. Spindly, weak, or dead branches should be thinned out annually during the dormant season.
5. Pollination: Blueberries are not self-fertile and must have two or more varieties to pollinate each other. Honeybees are inefficient pollinators, and carpenter bees frequently cut the corollas to rob nectar without pollinating the flowers. Blueberries do best when pollinated by buzz pollination by bees, such as the native southeastern blueberry bee.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||2-3 ft.|
|Mature Width:||1-2 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Vaccinium corybosum|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, CA, OR, WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-8 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|