* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
An Evergreen that Can Take Harsh Climates with Style
Why Blue Wonder Spruce Trees?The Blue Wonder Spruce is changing the evergreen game, with foliage that takes on a unique blue-grey hue when growing, before deepening into a rich green. Its unique hue stands out in the landscape and complements other plants like no other, delivering rich variation that sets your home apart.
This Rocky Mountain native checks all the boxes of a hardy and breathtaking evergreen, standing at 100 + ft tall at maturity. The Blue Wonder can be used as hedgerows, windbreaks or privacy screens, but they also look great as stand-alone trees and accent pieces. No matter where you live, the Blue Wonder lives up to its name, delivering unmatched color that’s unlike any other variety available.
It’s the state tree of Colorado for a reason! Loved for its simplicity and regal nature in landscapes, this US native also benefits the environment, reducing erosion. Plus, the Blue Wonder rarely requires pruning because it has a natural cone-like shape. For this reason, many people wrap strings of light around their Blue Wonder Spruces every holiday season.
Blue Wonder Spruces are worry-free evergreens because of their tough and resilient nature. Cold hardy all the way down to zone 3, the Blue Wonder tolerates the harsh winters and subzero temperatures in the coldest areas of the nation. Even higher elevations don’t bother this tree, and since they’re salt tolerant, they can thrive in northern areas where salt sprays are commonly used, or in remote areas since they’re resistant to deer too.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
Nothing stops your Blue Wonder Spruce. Especially since our Blue Wonders are well-rooted and ready for explosive growth. Your Blue Wonder has better branching, better color, and better long-term results than ever before.
Many other nurseries ship bare-root in a process that leaves up to 90% of roots behind. But we never ship bare-root...in fact, your Blue Wonder arrives in nutrient-rich soil, planted and grown for months ahead of shipping.
Now, your Blue Wonder is prepared to thrive anywhere, in a variety of poor soils, even if they’re rocky and sandy, in drought conditions, cold weather, and beyond. The only catch is ordering before they're gone. Get your Blue Wonder Spruce Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: First, select an area with proper sunlight and well-drained soil. When planting, dig a hole for each tree that is three times as wide as the root ball but just as deep. You don’t need to add anything to the planting hole. Place the tree, fill in around the tree with the same soil you took out when initially digging the hole. Finally, tamp down as you fill to cut back on any air pockets from forming, water the tree, then mulch to conserve moisture.
2. Watering: For the first few weeks, water your new tree every other day by holding a hose around it and counting to 20.
After the first month, water once a week unless it is dry and hot (no rain and temperatures above 80 degrees). If it is hot and dry, water twice a week. After the first six months, the trees will be established and won’t need any extra water. Your natural rainfall should be sufficient at this stage.
3. Fertilizing: Your Blue Wonder should not need any extra fertilizer unless your entire lawn and garden have problems and needs regular fertilizing. Apply a balanced tree and shrub fertilizer at the beginning of spring.
4. Pruning: You won’t have to prune this tree if you are growing it with enough space for it to maintain its naturally graceful shape.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||100+ ft.|
|Mature Width:||15-25 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Picea Pungens Glauca|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||3-7 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 3-7 outdoors(hardy down to -40℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- Blue Wonder Spruce
Beautiful little trees
They arrive healthy with lots of new growth. Can't wait to see them get bigger through the years.
Blue Wonder Spruce Tree
Quick delivery, packaged securely with easy planting instructions. It's planted and looking good. I purchased 1 year warranty just in case.
Came well packaged and with in 2 weeks already had new growth started
Blue Wonder Spruce Trees
Received the two I ordered, have planted them, and so far they are doing fine.
So far, so good, this was a replacement tree for one that died.