* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||3 ft.|
|Mature Width:||3-4 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Juniperus squamata 'Blue Star'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, CA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-8 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-8 outdoors(hardy down to -20℉)
Blue-Green Foliage + Evergreen Growth
Why Blue Star Juniper Trees?
Blue-green foliage on a standard growth habit sets the Blue Star Juniper apart, delivering year-round interest with a unique touch of color and ability to acclimate to almost any growing location.
Versatile and adaptable growth makes the Blue Star perfect for almost any location. Not only can you plant this manageably-sized, densely-branched tree nearly anywhere, as a clipped topiary flanking your entryway in a pot or as a backyard border, but you also get its good looks effortlessly, without much care.
Plus, its slow growth makes it especially easy to keep in a container. Whether you want two topiaries at your entryway or even a dressed-up, festive look indoors, the Blue Star Juniper delivers. It's grafted for a more polished, tidy silhouette so you won't have to spend all your time trimming and pruning.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Other than its dense, evergreen foliage for year-round interest, our Blue Star Juniper is special because it’s a proven performer. We’ve chosen the best Blue Star on the market and shipped it with care, healthy roots intact. That means it arrives at your door fuller and better developed, ready to grow and truly thrive in your homescape.
We’ve put in the extra work...now, you reap the rewards. Order your Blue Star Juniper Tree today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Choose a location with full sun (6 to 8 hours of sun per day) and well-drained soil. The Blue Star is highly adaptable, drought resistant and easy-to-grow in most soil types, however.
When it’s time to plant your tree, start by digging a hole that’s at least twice the width of your tree’s root ball. After placing your tree in its hole, backfill the soil, tamp down, and water to establish the root system.
If you're container planting, select a pot that's twice the width of your tree's shipped container and ensure it has drainage holes. Use organic soil mix, place your tree, and put your potted tree in a sunny location on your porch or patio.
2. Watering: Water your new Juniper Tree regularly and deeply during its first growing season to help establishment – weekly, or more often during extreme heat. Once it has acclimated to your landscape, reduce your frequency of watering. If you’re not sure when to water and how much watering your tree needs, simply check the soil – if it’s dry down to around 2 inches, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Juniper with a slow-release fertilizer, before new growth begins in the spring.
4. Pruning: If you’d like to shape your tree as a topiary, prune it annually. Simply avoid pruning during the hottest and coldest months to avoid strain on the tree.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
Customer Reviews & Photos
Great experience and great products.
Very good! The tree arrived very nicely packed and it’s so cute!
I got these three years ago from fast growing trees, remarkably these are low maintenance easy to deal with shrubs. I've got them in a bed of blue rug junipers as ground cover and it looks really good. Expensive but they're worth every penny!
It took a while for it to arrive. The tree arrived looking good with outstanding foliage. It's been planed about two weeks and looks even better.