* Images shown are of mature plants
Dramatic Color and Fast, Hardy Growth
This tough perennial adds a unique twist to your landscape, with dramatic, silver-blue color. Pairing perfectly with plants that feature darker foliage or bold flowers, its silvery blades provide a stunning contrast in garden beds.
A hardy grower, the Blue Dune Lyme Grass is ideal for adding color and texture. It easily tolerates heat and drought as well as cooler climates, so you can enjoy its stunning blue color even in tough conditions.
This rugged and adaptable grass, popular in coastal regions, prefers dry, sunny locations. It can withstand salt, sand, drought, and sun, making it an exceptional low-maintenance grass for your landscape. In summer, it produces wheat-colored plumes, while maintaining its striking blue color.
Plus, this fast grower spreads quickly in clumps, making it ideal for quickly filling in hard-to-plant areas of your landscape and controlling erosion. Plant 2-3 feet apart for groundcover, or closer for faster coverage.
Are you looking for a drought-tolerant ground cover to add color to your landscape? The Blue Dune Lyme Grass is a great option.
Why FastGrowingTrees.com is Better
When you buy Blue Dune Lyme Grass from FastGrowingTrees.com, your Lyme Grass Grass with care, you'll get the benefit of healthy plants that are ready to thrive in your landscape - without the work.
The only thing you have to do? Find the perfect spot for your new ornamental grass - get year-round good looks as soon as you plant.
Don't wait - get your own Blue Lyme Grass today!
Note: If you purchase this grass in fall-winter, it may be cut back for the plant’s health. If your grass is cut back, don’t worry - it will grow even happier and healthier next spring!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant in an area with full to partial sun (4-8 hours of sunlight per day). Select a location with well-drained soil and dig a hole that's large enough to accommodate your Maiden Grass root ball.
After you've planted, mulch the surrounding area and water to settle the roots.
2. Watering: Water your Blue Lyme Grass regularly as it establishes. Once it settles in your landscape, you can reduce your watering frequency - this grass doesn’t like to be overwatered.
3. Pruning: Pruning is unnecessary, but you can trim it back blooming for new blue growth in autumn.
4. Fertilizing: You can feed your Blue Lyme Grass with a slow-release, medium-rate fertilizer to encourage healthy growth.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $125||$19.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||2-3 ft.|
|Mature Width:||2 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Elymus arenarius 'Blue Dune'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-9 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|