Growing Zones: 6-10 outdoors(hardy down to 0℉) 6-10 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 10-12 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 6-8 ft.
- Full Sun
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Lagerstroemia indica 'Red Hot’
- Does Not Ship To:
Black Foliage Meets Red Blooms for Unique Contrast
Why Red Hot™ Black Diamond® Crape Myrtle Shrubs?
It’s a new, one-of-a-kind spin on the classic Crape. The Red Hot™ Black Diamond® Crape Myrtle Shrub features a rich contrast of black foliage and thousands of bright red blooms. Plus, you’ll get flowers from early summer until the first frost, so months of vivid color are a guarantee with this Crape.
Your neighbors will marvel at this unique variety, especially since it's exclusive to our nursery. And since it’s drought-tolerant, highly resistant to mildew, extremely cold hardy down to 0 degrees, and particularly suited for smaller gardens, it’s even better than the common Crape Myrtle.
Its shrub form means you're not limited by yard space, and its rare color combination means you'll have the best garden on the block. But it's versatile too, offering the best of both worlds since you can train it as a tree to meet your landscape needs.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
We’ve planted, nurtured and shipped your Black Diamond® with the utmost care, so you get the best results in your garden. This Crape Myrtle is a proven performer since we’ve put in the extra work, and it can't be found at your local nursery or garden center. Once it's delivered to your door, you’ll reap the rewards of color and full growth effortlessly.
Bright red blooms and unique black foliage are just a click away – order your Red Hot™ Crape Myrtle Shrub today, before it’s gone!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Well-drained soil and a fun sun location are ideal for your Crape Myrtle. Simply select an area that receives 6 to 8 hours of sunlight per day. Once you’ve selected a location, dig a hole that’s about two times the size of your plant’s root ball. Place your tree, backfill the soil and tamp down to finish. Water after planting your Crape to settle its roots.
2. Watering: Water your Crape Myrtle thoroughly every other day for the first month. After that, scale back to once every week or week and a half.
If you’re not sure when to water your plant, simply check its soil. If its surrounding soil near your Crape is dry, down to about 2 or 3 inches, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Feed your Crape Myrtle with a well-balanced fertilizer once each year, just as new growth emerges.
4. Pruning: Prune your Crape Myrtle during late winter or early spring to achieve your desired height and shape but do so carefully – no need to cut off all its branches!
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$125 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3 - 5. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 4th|
|Zone 5||Week of April 13th|
|Zones 6 - 11||Ships Now!|