* Images shown are of mature plants
My FGT Yard Planner
You'll need to log in or create an account in order to save this item
Have questions? Talk with our Plant Experts (800) 973-8959
Tasty California Olives, Home-Grown and Hassle-Free
Why Arbequina Olive Trees?
Fresh, healthy olives, grown locally in California. With this Arbequina Olive Tree, an oil variety from Spain, you’ll have delectable taste right at home. And because this variety is native to and grows in the Golden State, it will grow well in your own California landscape.
Plus, these Arbequina Olives thrive both indoors and outdoors, especially since they’re ultra-compact. Planted in the ground, Arbequinas reach 20 to 30 feet in height, but when they’re container-planted, they last season after season and stay much smaller and manageable for inside areas. Even better? These trees are semi-deciduous, meaning they only drop their leaves in extreme cold and can tolerate 20-degree weather when they’re outside.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Well, buying this variety means the reward of constant productivity and a high yield of home-grown oil, all without much hassle or fuss. And since each tree is nurtured and well-attended before it arrives at your door, it’s ready to acclimate to your garden, porch, living room and beyond, especially since it's tailored for best results in California.
Your tree is grown and shipped in its own container with all of its roots intact, so it’s ready for healthful living and fruit during its first year. Order your own California-bred Arbequina Olive Tree today!
Arbequina Olive Tree Pollination
Arbequina Olive Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Arbequina Olive Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: To container plant your Arbequina, choose a pot that is two or three times the width of its shipped container. When it outgrows the pot, you can move to ground planting or a larger container.
After choosing your container, place the Olive Tree inside and cover with soil, tamping down as you backfill. Then water to settle the roots - it's that simple.
2. Watering: Weekly waterings should suffice for your Arbequina, but if you're not sure when to water, just check the soil. When the soil is dry in the first two inches, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Use a high nitrogen fertilizer, like a 17-6-10 timed-release fertilizer, for best results.
4. Pruning: Thin out young plants to 3 or 4 main branches. After blooming in spring, clip the tips of the branches. Make the cut just above the point where a pair of leaves attaches to the stem. Leave each branch at least six inches long, but how much longer is up to you!
5. Harvesting: Olives can be picked easily as soon as they ripen and enjoyed now or later.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $129||$19.95|
|$129 +||FREE SHIPPING!|
|Mature Height:||20 ft.|
|Mature Width:||12 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st year!|
|Botanical Name:||Olea europaea 'Arbequina'|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ,GA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors|
|Your Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉)
Customer Reviews & Photos
- delivery company
- olive trees
The tree is thriving so far. Shipping was great and the tree was packed well. My tree was even taller than advertised. Thinking of buying another one!
Great little tree
It came and the soil was still wet enough that I knew it was still in good shape. I was very happy with how it arrived. We got it planted and it’s doing well!
The perfect gift!
We gave it to friends who lost a parent. It was well packaged and cared for. They love it!
Arrived in great shape, can’t wait to watch them grow!