Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors(hardy down to 20℉) 4-11 patio / 8-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 20 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 12 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Harvest Time:
- Year to Bear:
- Fruits 1st Year!
- Botanical Name:
- Olea europaea 'Arbequina'
- Does Not Ship To:
Don't Buy Bare-Root Trees (learn why below)
Tasty California Olives, Home-Grown and Hassle-Free
Why Arbequina Olive Trees?
Fresh, healthy olives, grown locally in California. With this Arbequina Olive Tree, an oil variety from Spain, you’ll have delectable taste right at home. And because this variety is native to and grow in the Golden State, it will grow well in your own California landscape.
Plus, these Arbequina Olives thrive both indoors and outdoors, especially since they’re ultra-compact. Planted in the ground, Arbequinas reach 20 to 30 feet in height, but when they’re container-planted, they last season after season and stay much smaller and manageable for inside areas. Even better? These trees are semi-deciduous, meaning they only drop their leaves in extreme cold and can tolerate 20-degree weather when they’re outside.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
Well, buying this variety means the reward of constant productivity and a high yield of home-grown oil, all without much hassle or fuss. And since each tree is nurtured and well-attended before it arrives to your door, it’s ready to acclimate to your garden, porch, living room and beyond, especially since it's tailored for best results in California.
Your tree is grown and shipped in its own container with all of its roots intact, so it’s ready for healthful living and fruit during its first year. Order your own California-bred Arbequina Olive Tree today!
Arbequina Olive Tree Pollination
Arbequina Olive Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional Arbequina Olive Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Customers who bought this item also bought...
Customer Reviews & Photos
Planting & Care
1. Planting: To container plant your Arbequina, choose a pot that is two or three times the width of its shipped container. When it outgrows the pot, you can move to ground planting or a larger container.
After choosing your container, place the Olive Tree inside and cover with soil, tamping down as you back fill. Then water to settle the roots - it's that simple.
2. Watering: Weekly waterings should suffice for your Arbequina, but if you're not sure when to water, just check the soil. When the soil is dry in the first two inches, it’s time to water.
3. Fertilizing: Use a high nitrogen fertilizer, like a 17-6-10 timed release fertilizer, for best results.
4. Pruning: Thin out young plants to 3 or 4 main branches. After blooming in spring, clip the tips of the branches. Make the cut just above the point where a pair of leaves attaches to the stem. Leave each branch at least six inches long, but how much longer is up to you!
5. Harvesting: Olives can be picked easily as soon as they ripen and enjoyed now or later.
Most items ship the next business day unless otherwise noted
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however some orders may ship in 1-2 business days (we do not ship on the weekends) from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|