Growing Zones: 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors(hardy down to 30℉) 4-11 patio / 9-11 outdoors
- Mature Height:
- 15-20 ft.
- Mature Width:
- 1-2 ft.
- Growth Rate:
- Botanical Name:
- Mandevilla x amabilis 'Alice du Pont'
- Does Not Ship To:
A Profusion of Pink Blooms, Spring to Fall
Why Alice du Pont Mandevilla Shrubs?
Showy and full of color, even in the hottest days of summer, the Alice du Pont Mandevilla delights with a blizzard of blooms and tropical tones. If you're looking for elevated curb appeal that's second to none, the Alice du Pont fits the bill.
In fact, each trumpet-shaped bloom makes a big statement despite the Mandevilla's compact size...the Alice's individual flowers are up to 4 inches wide and 2 inches long. The bold pink color in eye-catching clusters sets the Alice du Pont apart, even on young plants. And the glossy dark-green foliage delivers the perfect backdrop.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
When it comes to your Alice du Pont, you won't have to deal with finicky or fussy care. Because we've planted, grown, and nurtured your Mandevilla from day one, it's ready to thrive as soon as it arrives at your doorstep.
That means you get a ton of benefits and beautiful, unmatched blooms without any guesswork.
Easy-to-grow and unbelievably elegant? Check! There's nothing like the Alice du Pont Mandevilla...get one for yourself today!
Customer Reviews & Photos
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Mandevillas perform well in full to partial sun, so try and find somewhere that will offer at least 4 to 6 hours of direct sunlight every day. Also, ensure your soil is well-drained.
When you're ready to plant, make your hole 2 to 3 times the width and just as deep as the root system. Place and position your plant, then backfill the soil and tamp down lightly. Finally, water the planting site when finished to settle the soil and spread mulch around the base to maintain moisture.
If you're planting in a container, select a pot that is 1 to 2 sizes larger than the container the plant arrived in, with ample drainage holes on the bottom. Add a little soil to the bottom of the container first, place your plant, backfill the soil and water to settle the soil completely, and place it in an area that will receive full sun (6+ hours every day).
2. Watering: Use your index finger to determine if more water is needed. Stick it into the soil down to a depth of 2 inches and feel around. If there is still moisture present, leave it be a bit longer. If it has dried out, water until you see it escaping the drainage holes and stop, or water until the soil is moist.
3. Fertilizing: During the blooming season, your shrub will respond well to monthly applications of fertilizer. Use 6-8-10 formulas, which still allow enough nitrogen for healthy growth, but discontinue fertilizing as summer ends.
4. Pruning: Pruning is typically done in the late fall or early winter season to maintain the shape. Remove dead branches or foliage as they appear.
Potted plants can have their tips pinched off monthly, during their active growing season, to encourage more branching. Always use sterilized shears for pruning.
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately, however we are currently experiencing delays and could take up to 11-14 days from date of purchase. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|