* Images shown are of mature plants
|Mature Height:||1-2 ft.|
|Mature Width:||4-5 ft.|
|Botanical Name:||Loropetalum chinense 'Peack' PP18441|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ|
|Grows Well In Zones:||7-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 7-9 outdoors(hardy down to 10℉)
Stand-Out Fuschia Color in a Compact, Weeping Shrub
Whether you want a unique, stunning ground cover or a pop of color for a patio container, the Purple Pixie Loropetalum is an excellent pick for your home.
This compact evergreen shrub features rich purple foliage, adding color to your outdoor space or garden year around. With it's weeping habit and low, spreading growth, it's perfect for planting along slopes, walls, in mass plantings, or as a border edge, and its cascading purple color looks great spilling out of patio containers.
Reaching just 1 foot tall at maturity, this dwarf shrub blooms in spring, delivering fans of showy pink flowers for a dramatic effect in your landscape. Even better? This dwarf purple Loropetalum is pest-, disease-, and deer-resistant, offering a low-maintenance plant for your garden or patio.
If you’re looking for a compact evergreen shrub for your small garden, container, or hanging basket, get your Purple Pixie Loropetalum today.
The best part about your Purple Pixie Loropetalum? It's been grown and nurtured with care at our nursery, before it ships to you. That means you'll get a happy, healthy shrub that's ready to grow on day one - shipped straight to your door.
Don't miss out on this vibrant, evergreen color. Get your Purple Pixie Loropetalum today!
Planting & Care
1. Planting: You can plant the Purple Pixie Loropetalum at any time of the year in an area with full or partial sun. It prefers well-drained soil. Dig a hole twice as wide as your plant's shipped container, and equally as deep. Place your Loropetalum in the hole, and backfill with soil, tamping down to remove air pockets. Water well after planting.
2. Watering: Water your Loropetalum thoroughly after planting, and keep watering your bush once or twice a week until it establishes. Be sure to mulch the roots if you live in an area with extreme temperatures.
When grown in hanging baskets or containers, you’ll need to water it more frequently.
3. Fertilizing: You can feed your Loropetalum with fertilizer after bloom to encourage fast and healthy growth. If needed, you can also prune your Purple Loropetalum after the flowering period in spring.
4. Pruning: No pruning is needed, but the Loropetalum can tolerate heavy pruning if you want to shape it, remove dead branches, or conform with your landscape setting. Pruning is best done after the flowering season - avoid pruning in early spring or winter.
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5, & 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 2nd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 11th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 28th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$149 +||FREE SHIPPING!|