|Mature Height:||8-12 ft.|
|Mature Width:||8-12 ft.|
|Year to Bear:||Can Fruit the 1st Year!|
|Does Not Ship To:||AZ, AR, CA, ID, LA, WA|
|Grows Well In Zones:||5-9 outdoors|
|You are in Growing Zone:||#|
Growing Zones: 5-9 outdoors(hardy down to -10℉)
Two Plum Varieties on One Tree
Why 2-in-1 Plum Surprise Trees?
Two different types of juicy plums from just one tree? It seems almost too good to be true, but with our 2-in-1 Plum Surprise, you'll have it all. And you won’t need a lot of yard space to enjoy a large harvest year after year. And the fun part: You won’t know the three types of plums that were grafted onto your tree until it produces fruit - so your first harvest will be a sweet surprise!
Plus, you'll get fruit the very first season. Your 2-in-1 Plum Tree is hand-grafted, which means the top of a mature tree is spliced onto the rootstock of a young new tree. This process safely speeds up the growth of the tree, so you get a mature harvest despite the fact that there's virtually no upkeep.
No guesswork, no hassle, no fuss. Your 2-in-1 Plum is resilient and thrives in most conditions. While areas in the south are ideal for plums, your tree is bred to be quite hardy in colder climates too.
Why Fast-Growing-Trees.com is Better
And you'll get a longer harvest period. Hand grafting takes a considerable amount of time and effort on our end, and we nurture the tree for years before we ship it to you. Now, you won’t wait up to five years for your tree to bear fruit, and you won't be limited to just one month of harvesting.
Unlike other big-box retailers or local nurseries, we take the time to graft, plant and nurture your tree. When your 2-in-1 Plum Surprise arrives at your door, it's ready to take off...you get all of the rewards with none of the work.
If you’re seeking a mouth-watering fruit tree that requires little care, this hardy option will make a lovely addition to your home. Discover the delicious flavor (and easy growth) of the 2-in-1 Plum today...order your 2-in-1 Plum Surprise Tree now!
2-in-1 Plum Surprise Tree Pollination
2-in-1 Plum Surprise Trees are self-fertile. You will get fruit with only one plant. However, adding an additional 2-in-1 Plum Surprise Tree will drastically increase the size of your crop.
Planting & Care
1. Planting: Plant in a location with full sun exposure (6 to 8 hours of sunlight daily) and well-drained soil.
Dig your hole three times as wide as the root ball and just as deep. Place your tree, backfill the soil, and tamp down to eliminate air pockets. Once the hole has been completely filled, add a layer of organic mulch around the tree to help conserve water.
2. Watering: Water your tree twice a week for the first growing season to help promote growth. Deep watering encourages the roots to extend more deeply into the soil, which in turn makes the tree more drought resistant.
If you're not sure when to water, simply check the surrounding soil about 3 inches down for dryness.
3. Fertilizing: Young trees that are three years or younger will benefit from about a half cup of balanced 10-10-10 fertilizer formula applied once in around mid-April and again in early June. More established plum trees will require one annual application of the same balanced formula mid-April.
4. Pruning: Give your tree a full year to get situated in its new home before attempting to prune. Young plum trees are typically pruned in the late winter to early spring seasons before buds begin to break. More established plum trees will benefit from a midsummer pruning.
5. Harvesting: The best-tasting plums are left on the tree to fully ripen before picking. Apply gentle pressure with your fingers to determine ripeness. They should easily come off of the tree when ripened using a slight twist.
You can still order, but due to cold weather, we have delayed shipping to the areas shaded on the map below. We want your new plant to thrive right out of the box, so we will wait on shipping your order until the weather is ideal. This includes anyone in
Growing Zones 3, 4, 5 & 6. If you are unsure of your growing zone, visit our
Growing Zone Finder.
Some plants are not available for immediate shipment, and delayed delivery is noted.
We will resume normal shipping in the Spring. Please see the table below for your approximate ship date.
|Growing Zone||Shipping Resumes|
|Zones 3 & 4||Week of May 3rd|
|Zone 5||Week of April 10th|
|Zone 6||Week of March 29th|
|Zones 7 - 11||Ships Now!|
Estimated Shipping Time: Most orders ship immediately. As noted on the website, some items are seasonal, and may only ship in spring or fall. Once your order is shipped, you'll receive an email with a tracking number.
|Amount of Order||Shipping Charge|
|Less than $15||$11.95|
|$179 +||FREE SHIPPING!|